It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
(male)

Livingmylife HB User
Recovery from anal warts using Veregan

I was diagnosed with anal warts about a month and a half ago. I was prescribed Veregan when I was diagnosed. I have been using it since and well It has been a very very painful process. All my warts have went away except for one. My warts were mainly located around my anus. Now that the warts are gone, Im left with very painful, very big sores. I have been using lidocaine along with my Veregan because the pain has been so bad. Unfortunately I also am unable to take time off work and my job requires me to be on my feet for about ten hours at a time which makes my sores about 100 times worse. Anyway, I am just trying to figure out if the sores are normal, should I go back to the doctor, is there anything that could help the area heal faster? Ive been in this process for about a month now and its really starting to wear me down!! Please reply with anything that could help.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
(male)

Sideem HB User
Re: Recovery from anal warts using Veregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingmylife View Post
I was diagnosed with anal warts about a month and a half ago. I was prescribed Veregan when I was diagnosed. I have been using it since and well It has been a very very painful process. All my warts have went away except for one. My warts were mainly located around my anus. Now that the warts are gone, Im left with very painful, very big sores. I have been using lidocaine along with my Veregan because the pain has been so bad. Unfortunately I also am unable to take time off work and my job requires me to be on my feet for about ten hours at a time which makes my sores about 100 times worse. Anyway, I am just trying to figure out if the sores are normal, should I go back to the doctor, is there anything that could help the area heal faster? Ive been in this process for about a month now and its really starting to wear me down!! Please reply with anything that could help.
Hi Livingmylife. I so wish I could help you. Since my warts initially were inside my anus, I had the surgery instead. From my limited understanding, the sores should be normal since that's where the offending warts used to reside. I'm not how long it'll take to heal...hopefully your doc should give you a better prognosis. I'm wondering if taking some TUCKS medicated pads from time to time would help ease some of the pain. Good luck with everything and hoping since it's been a few weeks since your post that things are better with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
(male)

Livingmylife HB User

Thanks so much for the info, unfortunatly the medicine did not work for me. I have to have surgery on mine as well. They are going to burn them all off. Is this the surgery you had? If so, how did it go? How was the recovery?

Old 04-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
(male)

Sideem HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingmylife View Post
Thanks so much for the info, unfortunatly the medicine did not work for me. I have to have surgery on mine as well. They are going to burn them all off. Is this the surgery you had? If so, how did it go? How was the recovery?
Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I did have an EUA with fulgeration and excision, with are big words for saying they burn and cut them off. So yes I had mine burned as well. My recovery took just about a week and a half. More details of my recovery specifics can be found:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/5151760-post20.html

and

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/5160730-post21.html

Or you can search for the last few threads in the same HPV board titled "Complications after anal warts...". I wish you well in your upcoming surgery. I can tell you the surgery will be over and done before you know it. I didn't even remember when I went out but I woke up as I was being wheeled back to recovery room.

Last edited by Sideem; 04-12-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Reply Reply