It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
(male)

QuestionFromBF HB User
Please Help My Girlfriend (Question for Females)

My girlfriend just recently found out she has HPV. The doctor found two extremely small warts directly on her clitoris. She gave her Aldara, and told her that if she didn't see results in 3 or 4 days, it probably isn't going to work(Apparently she gave her the strongest possible concentration?), and they should look into laser removal.

The reason I'm posting is because the doctor told her it is guaranteed that the laser will cause permanent nerve damage to her clitoris, losing all feeling, and that she will never have an orgasm again. My girlfriend is absolutely and completely distraught over this, and you can imagine how I feel for being responsible for everything. I'm hoping there is a girl on these boards that's knowledgeable or has experience with a wart in that particular area. Is there another option? If my girlfriend goes ahead with the laser removal, will she really lose all feeling in her clitoris? Please, if anyone has any helpful information, tell me there's something else we can do. I'm desperate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Please Help My Girlfriend (Question for Females)

I would run, not walk, to seek a second opinion from a different ob-gyn. There are multiple treatment options available and there would have to be a darn good reason for such a life changing invasive treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
(male)

QuestionFromBF HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca689 View Post
I would run, not walk, to seek a second opinion from a different ob-gyn. There are multiple treatment options available and there would have to be a darn good reason for such a life changing invasive treatment.
One of her main concerns is the possibility of the warts getting bigger while she looks for other opinions. I just don't want her to make a huge mistake if there are better options.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

The warts in the area you describe are generally cosmetic and therefore do not cause cancer as cervical warts do. Of course a doctor is the one to make that determination and your girlfriend ultimately is the one who will decide what is best for her. If it were me, I would question the information given by her doctor and have it verified several times over, assuming that she is in the US or Canada or Europe. I would want it documented why I would need a particular treatment over some other treatment and I would want to know the risks involved as well as the history of the person performing my treatment. If she is in the areas I mentioned, it should be no problem to get a second opinion quickly and in fact, many insurances cover them. No potentially life altering decision should be made without exploring all information and options available. I would also like to point out that any good physician will not resent nor try to disuade her from seeking a second opinion. I would also want to know why the short time frame of the Rx to work and why is it different than the drug information insert that came with my Rx - which I would recommend that she reads. If she does not still have it her pharmacist will

Last edited by luca689; 04-09-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Adding info

The Following User Says Thank You to luca689 For This Useful Post:
QuestionFromBF (04-09-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
(male)

QuestionFromBF HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca689 View Post
The warts in the area you describe are generally cosmetic and therefore do not cause cancer as cervical warts do. Of course a doctor is the one to make that determination and your girlfriend ultimately is the one who will decide what is best for her. If it were me, I would question the information given by her doctor and have it verified several times over, assuming that she is in the US or Canada or Europe. I would want it documented why I would need a particular treatment over some other treatment and I would want to know the risks involved as well as the history of the person performing my treatment. If she is in the areas I mentioned, it should be no problem to get a second opinion quickly and in fact, many insurances cover them. No potentially life altering decision should be made without exploring all information and options available. I would also like to point out that any good physician will not resent nor try to disuade her from seeking a second opinion.
I told her about your response, and she agreed today to go to another doctor. Thank you for taking the time to help. I know she's having a really hard time with this, so any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

If anyone else has had experience with a wart being removed in that area, please don't hesitate to reply. It would mean to world to me and her to hear that someone dealt with this without dealing with the complications her doctor described.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
(female)

purplebloom HB User

I have undergone an operation on my warts. not laser though. Just the eletric thing that burns off the wart. Now with the thing that the doctor have told your gf, it might be true. coz my doctor didnt take the wart on my ****. Though its small, its visible. so probably thats the doc's reason too. But u know what. I think warts just disappear on their own after years? lol. so maybe wait for it to disappear? thats what Im waiting though.

but I appreciate your being concern with ur gf and not leaving her behind. I have a hard time on my present bf now. he cant accept it. we didnt have sex though. so i got this from the past. I just hope I could find a man who will accept me. >.<

having this condition and living in a conservative asian country is really depressing. =( But Im trying to face it bravely and positively. Goodluck to all of us.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User

Results in 4 days from Aldara!!!???? Perhaps is rare cases, but for the average consumer that is highly unlikely. One is supposed to use it for a minimum of one month, and can safely be used for up to 16 wekks. It isn't a magic wart shrinking cream. It is an immune system modifier that was originally developed to fight melanoma. It acts slowly but is extremely effective. I strongly recommend finding an OB/GYN that actually knows something about the drugs they are prescribing.

Speaking from experience, I used the lowest dose over six weeks (it got painful during the second week and I had to take a break), and it was highly effective. In addition to dietary changes, I have been symptom free for nearly 40 months. I highly recommend Aldara so long as your girlfriend can use it under the guidance of a doctor that is knowledgeable about its application and effectiveness.

I am genuinely concerned that her doctor would go for the maximum dosage for such tiny warts. That doesn't sound right at all. I recommend seeking a second professional opinion on this. Aldara gets my endorsement, but ultimately it is up to her and her doctor to decide what is best for her.

Last edited by Switch96; 07-02-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Reply Reply