It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

sadbunny HB User
committed relationship+hpvX2=??

im in a long term committed relationship and BOOM! i was diagnosed with hpv. we have been having unprotected sex so obviously both of us have the same strain and neither knows who infected who. i show symptoms, he does not. typical
after a chat with the doctor essentially the warts are cosmetic, i had issues with having sex and somehow being in contact would cause him to show symptoms etc. all those fears were laid to rest. after a few treatments (cant afford laser etc) it looks like warts are here to stay. 99% are in my anal area where no one sees but ive 1 or 2 around my vaginal area.
since we got the all clear for our sex life i had hoped it would resume....
i was very very wrong, he doesnt want to come near me. im heartbroken. i truely am. is this what my life is to be like from now on? he has it, i have it i cant make him show symptoms. his excuse before was that he could start showing symptoms after having sex with me but since the doctor has laid that to rest he says he just cant do it.
i know no one can help but i cant talk to friends/family etc about this. i suppose im just hoping for someone in my situation to say it worked out at some point.
i felt good, i was strong and i didnt let it affect my confidence. right now i feel like a leper and im totally at a loss as to what to do...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
(female)

irene100384 HB User
Re: committed relationship+hpvX2=??

I too am in a relationship for 6 years prior to finding out about the hpv. We had stopped having sex right away ,its been 7 months now I had a colpscopy and then a leep and I figured that when the shock of it has worn off we would pick up were we let off. Well he can't accept the fact that he has it because there are no warts and no tests for men. He is just terrified to be intimate cause he doesn't wanna "catch" it. Lol. No matter how I try ,what I say, what the docs say he can't and won't believe he has it,until he sees it in either black and white or warts. He may never show any signs. I thinkmy life as I know it is over,if he can't come to terms with it. He knows that he will have to live as if has it even if we split but why split if he has to live like he has it? I don't know if this helped u or not. I guess just be glad he knows he has it and be happy knowing u did all u could to keep it together even if it goes south. I know easier said than done and I'm trying to take my own advice its just difficult to see anything past my breaking heart. I truely hope u have better luck than me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
(female)

irene100384 HB User
Re: committed relationship+hpvX2=??

Oh I almost forgot. About your warts try taking folic acid supplements or just get a prenatal multi vit.(good for general female health not just pregos). Also a super b comlex. These are what I take and my warts have gone away. Check with the doc first if u take any thing else that would not mix well. I had started takeing them when I found out in september and they were gone by january. I know it works different for every one but its worth a shot right. Maybe if the warts are gone then your bf wouldn't pull away. And in the meantime u could try to see if he would go for it if u were to get him some.....anitomicly friendly..... latex shorts. check it out it may be helpful

Last edited by moderator2; 04-19-2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website for any reason

Reply Reply