It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
(female)

TXDancer HB User
Ok How Many Does It Take??

How many abnormal pap smears does it take? In the past year I have had a pap smear every 3 months - that's a big total of 6 and each one has come back abnormal. I had another colposcopy done last week. Dr said all was good and probably was more than likely caused by "aging" in that area and was told not to worry about it and come back in 6 months this time. I expressed my concern and was told I could go to a gyno-onco dr but they would tell me the same thing, come back in 6 months. Since I have never had an abnormal result since I started getting pap smears 39 years ago it is very disconcerting if I must say so...

So, what's the record number of "abnormal" results and have been told not to worry has anyone else had?

T

Reply Reply