It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 07:42 PM   #1

DaBu2112 HB User
Post Hypochondriac question.

Yes I'm a hypochondriac. But as of late I've been having some odd symptoms and wondering if anyone can help.
A few weeks ago I was getting dizziness in the morning and then a headache would follow later in the day. I went to the doc about it and he said they were tension headaches probably due to stress or bad posture, I have both. I was also getting diarrhea in the morning, cramps aren't bad at all. Now the headaches are gone but the diarrhea is still there in the morning and usually when I eat I feel bloated right after. I've been feeling depressed because of the whole situation, very depressed as a matter of fact being a hypo and all. I wonder if the diarrhea is because of my nerves being all tensed everday. I just started 2nd year of college as well, I'm 24 years old. Anyone have any ideas? Of course I'm scared that it's cancer.

Old 09-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #2

2manypills HB User
RELAX.SURELY THE TENSION AND STRESS COULD BE THE REASON.Stress will do horribale things to u.how is yuor diet lately?i feel that hypos just need attention,do u think so?i have a niece(9)who seems like a hypo but she feels better as soon as someone acknowledges her problem.just try to relax,good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 08:44 PM   #3
Inactive

savysac HB User
Stress can do alot of harm to an otherwise healthy person.

I suffered severe stomach cramps, diahrea, dizziness, nausea, headaches and sweating all as a result of extreme stress.

Many people think that stress just affects you emotionally and mentally, that is not true. It can manifest itself physicaly and cause many strange and even painful symptoms. These symptoms are your body telling you that you need to take a break from the stress and relax and rest before you have a nervous breakdown.

I too consider myself a hypochondriac, and when I had these symptoms, I would look up on the internet and have myself convinced that I had this disease or that condition, I would demand my doctor to perform costly and sometimes painful procedures and tests to prove that I did have something, the whole time he was telling me to relax more and remove myself from stress.

Well, I am a little older and much more wiser now, and when these symptoms appear from time to time, I listen to my body and try to relax and rest more. Meditate and do breathing exercises and remove myself as far away from stress as possible.

I am sure that aside from stress, you are perfectly healthy, and should feel lucky to be so. Find some relaxation techniques that work for you and you will notice these symptoms to disapear.

good luck to ya!

peace

terry

Old 09-15-2003, 08:54 PM   #4

DaBu2112 HB User
Thanks alot guys.

Yeah I do the same thing...I'll convince myself that I have something by researching on the internet. In fact, it brought me to this board. I do find that if I relax and don't think about the worst that I start feeling a little better. I've always been a nervous person, when I was a kid even.

I go through bouts of depression when I think that I have a disease, and then after a while the symptoms get better and the depression withers away. It's a very horrible thing but it's something I have to deal with. My girlfriend helps me out a lot too god bless her. I think you're right, perhaps I did need attention.

Anyways, I'm sure that this morning diarrhea will pass just like everything else. Thanks again guys and take care.

Old 09-17-2003, 06:09 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

MrsLee HB User
I wouldn't be so quick to call yourself a hypochondriac. I think doctors have us believing it's all in our heads just because they can't figure out what's wrong....

First of all, I believe stress could certainly be causing this, but there may be other reasons.

Diet might be it. Do you eat breakfast? I am hypoglycemic, and if I don't eat breakfast I get dizzy, then get a headache and naseaous. Make sure you are eating enough and not skipping meals. I have to eat 4-5 smaller meals every day to avoid this.
The headaches may be due to your blood sugar dropping. I am no expert in this, but when you eat sugary foods, your blood sugar goes way up, but then crashes back down later. This can definetly cause a headache. It's almost like a sugar hangover. Eating proteins and complex carbs instead of junk food can help with this.

Also, my mom had been having problems like this where she had extreme dizziness and was getting headaches all the time. She recently found out she had high blood pressure and was pre-diabetes. Since she started taking the blood pressure medicine and blood sugar medicine she has not gotten dizzy.

If I were you, I would insist your doctor do some more tests to find out whats really wrong.

Closed Thread