It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2003, 06:33 PM   #1
(male)

notheroic HB User
heart failure, or any sort of heart problem, or just hypochondriasis?

since march of this year, i've been suffering from a undecided heart rate(could be fast, slow and hard, fast and hard.)

it seems to be dictated by my stomach, i feel abnormally queasy, then my heart either races, or POUNDS extremely hard.

it's always tender on my stomach, and it feels like there's more then what there should be there(my sister said i was just retaining alot of water, but im not sure).

i have a great abdominal pulsing....always there, and pretty visible.

and i have all kinds of pain everywhere you can imagine(chest, back, legs)

note that i'm only 19 years old, and every doctor seems to be brushing off any chance of a heart problem existing.

if not one, then what else fits the description?

it's disabled the hell out of me, i cant do anything without feeling extremely over whelmed.

the stomach sends this tightness sometimes where it freezes up my breathing, and it scares the living crap out of me.

the doctor has me on Effexor XR, 37.5 mg for what he says is just anxiety.

i dont believe thats so, or if it is, it's not GAD as he's said it is.

im aware stress can cause ALOT, so im hoping that that maybe is the cause.

i dont know what to do....

please respond ASAP, thank you so much

Roger.

Old 11-12-2003, 12:37 AM   #2

paris72 HB User
I would like to know anything in reply to this also as I seem to be experiencing the same symptoms. I was diagnosed with panic disorder in 99. I have the stomach feelings you are describing but I'm hoping it's something other than heart related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2003, 01:54 PM   #3

dgarneau HB User
Roger and Paris--I've been recovering from agoraphobia (a type of panic disorder) since I was 22. That was 26 years ago. I had it so bad that I didn't leave my house for 3 solid months. Now I have a family, a responsible job, and a healthy outlook on life. That's not to say things are perfect or that I don't still have my fair share of anxiety-related problems. In fact, I have GERDS which I take ranitidine for and I have panic attacks every once in a while with rapid heart rate and PVCs, but a beta-blocker and stress/panic reduction techniques pretty much take good care of that. After so many years, there are a few things I've learned. One is that it's difficult to know when something is or is not caused by stress/panic. Another thing is that in order to figure it out, you have to find a balance between what the doctor tells you and what you REALLY think. And when I say "really think," I mean what you think when your worst fears are not taking over rational thought. If you really think your doctor is wrong, then you always have the option for a second or third opinion and more tests. If several doctors and numerous tests tell you the same thing, what sense does it make to continue to put youself through even more doctor visits and tests? In any case, while you're putting yourself through that ordeal, there's certainly nothing wrong with working out the stress/panic issues in your life and hoping that whatever aches and pains you experience will go away on their own as you get your stress under control. Best wishes to both of you.

Closed Thread