It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2004, 03:29 AM   #1

top gun HB User
Hypochondriasis

Hello all, Does anyone else suffer with hypochondriasis if so what are some of your experiences and some of your symptoms? Also has anyone been treated successfully......Did it all start with the death of a loved one????

Old 11-16-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mismax HB User
Re: Hypochondriasis

I am also a hypochondriac and yes mine did start after the death of my mother. My mother was chronically ill and once she passed away every change in my body I would freak out about. I am slowly getting better dealing with it. As I type this I am going through an episode of it now. I have something inmy mouth so I went to the Doctor here in Hong Kong and maybe because I don't trust them here that is why I am not convinced by what he said it was. Anyways, my point is you are not alone. I do believe it stems from anxiety as well. If you need to talk we are all here for you. Hoped this helped a bit, if not at least I tried right?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2004, 12:06 AM   #3

imatestwentbad HB User

I can see how that makes some sense if someone has a death close to them and they have hypochondriasis. After my mother died of so many cancers at once I went and made an appt with my PCP. Breast cancer runs in families, and can spread to other parts of the body quickly. Recently, I was told by my bio father that him and my bio grandmother have lupus. All these things and everyone getting sick around you...I am nervous about that! Also you know first hand the course of what happens others and you get that drilled in your mind to be so careful. If you work in the medical fields, thats even worse. I want to be a Pharm D. Plus, I am a sissy and I don't like pain. I will take something at the first sign of any pain. I carry all that medication around with me too. It gets heavy and makes noise when I walk!!!
Love
Amy

Old 11-17-2004, 04:54 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mismax HB User

I used to work at a doctor's office for three years. I thought it would help me get over this. It did to an extent. I know how it feels. I am the exact opposite though. I don't like to take medicines. Right now I am having an episode as I told you. Everyone says its just a viral infection caused by not sleeping and eating right and being stressed. I will admit I am really bad at sleeping and eating right. A passing of a family member or someone close to you really does have an effect on someone. I tend to worry too much because I know how horrible things can get for a person. It sucks being like this but I am working on changing. The mind is a very powerful thing. You can actually make yourself sick, physically, if you think about or stress about something too much. In time all will be well. Anytime you need to talk I am here.

Closed Thread