It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
(male)

OhioGolfer HB User
Ever feel like a hypochondriac?

Sometimes I think I either "forget" that I have fibro or go into denial about it. I feel a new twitch or something and go off to research it, always finding a wide array of dreaded, usually terminal diseases that can have that twitch as a symptom. I then become convinced I have whatever that disease is, and not fibro. I used to smoke, though never over a pack a day, and I am always afraid of lung cancer. Now I know, rationally, that the odds of me having lung cancer, smoking or not, are very, very small. Still, the old anxiety can play games with the old mind.

Is this just fibro, am I going crazy, or have I already gone?

Jeff

Old 05-24-2005, 06:14 AM   #2

monkeychow59 HB User
Re: Ever feel like a hypochondriac?

Hehehe....I had to laugh, because you've described me to a tee! I'm not a hypochondriac, per se, in the sense that I don't run to the dr every time I have a new symptom, but I DO get online and research it.

Recently, I had to go to the ER with chest pains that started occuring while I was on vacation. Come to find out, I was low on potassium. So, I researched it and came up with the fact that I have an adrenal gland tumor!!! Of course, I'm sure I don't have one, but I now keep a check on any new symptoms though!

I think that the internet is great, but it can be bad for those of us who are in constant pain with new symptoms every week!!!

Take care,
Monkeychow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

that was me too for the first couple of years. now i say if it lasts more than a week i will have it checked out. i do not go searching on the internet and try to self diagnose. my energy is limited. i am not going to waste it in maybe world. thankfully i did not have a computer when those couple of years were happening. i too was fearful of each new sensation. you will get the hang of it and find your way of choosing what to follow up on and what to laugh off as that darned ole fms messin with your head again.
i have been called a hypochondriac. i have never considered myself one. i was only a person afraid of the changes in her body and had no understanding.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 05-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #4
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

Ignorance Is Bliss!

Closed Thread