It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

lasalla22 HB User
Being a hypochondriac is no joke

Its a constant struggle and worry for me always thinking their is something wrong with me. Not knowing if their really is or I am just paranoid. I see on tv a lot people who think being a hypochondriac is a joke and that they're all crazy people...it's made into the "funny disease". But their is nothing funny about it. I can't tell you how many anxiety attacks I have gotten, all because I think their is something wrong with me. I am STILL convinced I do, because anxiety brings on so many PHYSICAL symptoms...that I can't tell if I am physically sick from anxiety disorder or because their is something really wrong with me. I just hate constantly worrying. The one good thing I have is coming here and venting because I know a lot of you have the same things and it makes me feel better knowing that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

Marblehead HB User
Re: Being a hypochondriac is no joke

I hear ya, Im the same way. I get so frusterated with worrying so much. I dont know if its my anxiety or something really wrong. It gets very stressful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #3

bushleaguer HB User

Ditto. I get consumed by the physical symptoms of anxiety and as a result have had numerous tests to see if I had a heart problem...lung disorder...blood disorder. It's so frustrating, as you said, because it snowballs - you develop physical symptoms due to anxiety and then become convinced that there is something legitimately wrong with your physical being (not related to stress). Being convinced of that creates more stress...more symptoms...and so on.

Old 06-09-2005, 03:58 AM   #4
(female)

LostMind HB User

I second all of you. My medical chart is HUGE from all the tests I have had done. Even with legitamate illness I still feel like theres more, like I am going to die. Evert little ache of pain makes me think the worst. The thought process is constant and consuming.It never ends. Anyone got a cure I'll take it !

Old 06-09-2005, 08:19 AM   #5
Veteran

Comptons HB User

Yes it is a joke to many, but not to me either. Hang in there!

Old 06-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #6
(female)

jrzgirl1 HB User

I know how you feel, my late mother was one and made me the way I am, if I had a headache, she said I had brain cancer or a tumor, it is a difficult way to live, I have a great nurse practioner at my drs office, I have had so many tests my file is like "war and peace" I think to much and my husband takes advantage of this, he will put even more thoughts in my mind and he plays head games. at least we have God and each other.

Old 06-18-2005, 06:48 AM   #7
(male)

justjake45 HB User

i am a huge hypochondriac...it seems like once a week i'm convinced i'm dying...and about 5 times in the past 5 hours i've had to tell myself that i'm not dying...even though i was having very weird feelings in my left side, feeling dizzy, zoning out completely, etc...

Old 06-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #8
(female)

LostMind HB User

Unfortunatley anxiety created physical symptoms and when you add hypochondrism to it we are all screwed. Thats why if you suffer from both its important to get the anxiety under control to the point where you feel relief from the physical aspect not just in your mind.
Its not the answer to control being hypochondriac however I find that it at least helps knowing that since I've been on my anxiety meds and got relief of alot of aches and pains and they where caused by a real illness, I didnt make them up.
I grew up with a hypochondriac father and I think it instilled it into me. I saw him always having something wrong going to the doctor etc... but never having a real illness. As early as age 5 I can remeber thinking I was dying because I felt my glands. I was convinced at that age I had cancer. That thought process never changed for me and may never, its a long road.

Closed Thread