It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2005, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

wendysetter HB User
Am I a hypochondriac?

Hi All
I am new to the boards but please can anyone help? the past few months i hurt all the time, I ache with 'flu' like symptoms, I am really stiff and sore the in the mornings; on and off all day and I feel 'ill'. I have been confirmed with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and it is deemed that the other symptoms are because of the pain I am in with my wrists - I admit I feels low but I do not feel depressed, but I really hurt. Bloods show no inflammation and the tests for Rheumatoid Arthritis / Thyroid returned as normal, yet the symptoms of RA seem to match so well how I feel?. I am getting older at 44 and am overweight, I cannot remember when this started - I am taking Bendorfluazide 5mg mane, Co-Codamol 30/500 qds prn and general vitamins.

Last edited by wendysetter; 06-19-2005 at 08:16 AM.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Am I a hypochondriac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendysetter
Hi All
I am new to the boards but please can anyone help? the past few months i hurt all the time, I ache with 'flu' like symptoms, I am really stiff and sore the in the mornings; on and off all day and I feel 'ill'. I have been confirmed with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and it is deemed that the other symptoms are because of the pain I am in with my wrists - I admit I feels low but I do not feel depressed, but I really hurt. Bloods show no inflammation and the tests for Rheumatoid Arthritis / Thyroid returned as normal, yet the symptoms of RA seem to match so well how I feel?. I am getting older at 44 and am overweight, I cannot remember when this started - I am taking Bendorfluazide 5mg mane, Co-Codamol 30/500 qds prn and general vitamins.
Hmmm, do you work as a waitress or anything? I used to wait/bartend for 8 years and I felt some pain from time to time in my arms. Do you take calcium/magnesium. If you are deficient in any of those minerals then sometimes painful symptoms may occur since magnesium is very important for muscle relaxing and calcium is also good for that. And by the way, calcium isn't 100% properly assimilated by the muscles withouth an adequate amount (ratio) of magnesium. You want to find a vitmain that has magnesium AND calcium in it. Many people are deficient from magnesium and it's very important for muscle relaxing and stuff. Read about it or let me know. This is just a thought.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-19-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2005, 02:09 PM   #3
(female)

wendysetter HB User

HI Thanks Jessica
No I am a Manager so little physical movement, the pain is not muscular it feels like it is my bones??

Old 06-19-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendysetter
HI Thanks Jessica
No I am a Manager so little physical movement, the pain is not muscular it feels like it is my bones??
Do you think that you consume enough magnesium? Magnesium and calcium is for the bones but I said muscles but it's good for both, lol. But you may be getting all the calcium in the world..although without magnesium, then it's kinda useless since both are needed interchangebly in order for the bones (which NEEDS THESE MINERALS)to properly assimilate these minerals. Many people suffer from a magnesium deficiency and suffer from your kinds of symptoms. It may not be it but it's worth a try.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-19-2005 at 02:15 PM.

Old 06-19-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
(female)

wendysetter HB User

HI Jessica
Yes of course I have nothing to loose fed up of feeling like this! how long do you think for an effect?

Old 06-19-2005, 11:41 PM   #6
(female)

spongebobgamma HB Userspongebobgamma HB User

Hi Wendysetter,

Have you looked into fibromyalgia? My sister was dx with fibro this year..she has alot of pain and feels like she has the flu almost every day. They have a fibro board here that you can check out.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:52 AM   #7
(female)

wendysetter HB User

Hi spongebobgamma
fibromyalgia? no I havent a clue will take a look many thanks

Closed Thread