It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
(male)

Anakin1982 HB User
Hypochondriac fear it's cancer or somethk serious

Hi i'm a 23 yo male with fairly normal bowel habits until these symptoms appeared on 1 Jan 2006:

INcreased in bowel movements- from once daily in the past, it's now 3 times daily ( once in the mornin, & the other two around an hour plus aft meal)

Slight constipation- whilst i feel the urge to poo more often, each time its only a few, short peices. The "constipated" feelin sorta improved aft i added more fruits to my diet

Thin stool- this rely worries me cos i noticed thin stool (rely thin pencil like) once in a while recently

slight loss in appetitte-used to hav a robust appetitte no matter sick i was

Jus 2 add.. there cld a pyschological dimension to my probs... i started havin this intense fear of cancer aft my ex-teacher (she taught me in sec sch) passed away from colon cancer late last yr..

I wld usually have brush off my symptoms or at least not panic until somethk more serious (pain, bleedin) occured... but probably due to what happened, i've become much more anxious abt my health... broke into cold sweat everytime i see a thin stool or feel a sensation in my stomach

Visited a Gastroenterologist & he ran some blood test- full blood count, iron & TSH (guess he suspected its some tyroid probs due to my age) & all's normal... but told me that a colonoscopy wld be the way to confirm & allay my fears... was puttin it off due to the high cost & discomfort but i guess the mental stress is rely gettin me...

sorry for tis lengthy post... jus nd an outlet for my thoughts & feelins... any advices/comments is deeply appreciated... someone talk to me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
(male)

UserAlias HB User
Re: Hypochondriac fear it's cancer or somethk serious

I can relate to the mental stress...I've been dealing with problems for quite a while longer than you now and never really went to the doc. or discussed it with anyone.

I have an appointment today -- I think that no matter what the doctors tell me, it will be better than living in the fear of not knowing what the heck is wrong with me...

It really is mentally taxing to be 'afraid' to make a bowel movement. Sometimes if I haven't even gone that day, I will cancel plans and stay home just because I'm afraid and like to be in the comfort of my own home.

Closed Thread