It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2006, 07:59 PM   #1

emptyitis HB User
Unhappy Hypochondriasis

so, the deal is that i'm hypochondriatic (and anxious and depressed), and i know it, so i can't tell if i've got mild nervousness or if i'm into something more severe like oh, say, schizophrania! seriously, i don't know where to take this i feel like my doctor doesn't really care/too busy to deal with my trivial problems/very forgetful because he's got a bazillion patients/etc.
What's i'm saying is that it's hard for me to try to feel better when i don't know what's wrong with me and can't seem to get a very good diagnoses or even slight opinion as to what's wrong. I'm hoping someone here will have a similar case or even suggestion because i'm beginning to feel a little on the hopeless side if you know what i mean
thanx

Old 03-13-2006, 01:38 AM   #2
(female)

maddie9 HB User
Re: Hypochondriasis

I have worried that I am going to die from the age of seventeen, I am now 35. I have thought I have had every illness there is and it makes life really miserable. All I can say is your not alone and I found seeing a psychological counsellor helpful as they help you to rationalise and you are somehow comforted by the fact that a proffessional is telling you it's all in your mind and your not dying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 AM   #3
(male)

jvasel HB User

I would either try changing doctors or seeing a psychologist, maybe do both. A professional with a psychological background may help greately and would probably be the best choice you could make at this point. They've been able to help me with my social phobia/agoraphobia. I wish you much luck!

Old 03-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
(female)

Happy Days HB User

I agree with the last poster. I was going to my general practioner when my depression and anxiety begin to worsen. He basically gave me samples of what he had in his office and was not giving me the correct information on how and when to take the medication. I then began going to a psychiatrist and it made a big difference. My psychiatrist is more familiar with the medications and symptoms of my depression and anxiety. I am feeling a lot better.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #5

emptyitis HB User

thanx guys
i'll have to look up some serious psychiatrists/psychological counsellors in the area. One of the silliest problems in all of this is the inconvenience: i'm at school and living away from home. Where i come from is a small city, without much variety in the mental health department (or any other department for that matter). My attempts at finding some help through the school haven't gone very well thus far either. I'll keep trying though, and maybe find someone at home for the summer months and someone here while i'm at school.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
(male)

allen_dave HB User

Good luck looking for serious psychiatrists/psychological counsellors in your area. In case you haven't noticed, this country isn't set up for people with anxiety/depression (or similar conditions). Most medical insurance plans do not cover psychiatrists / psychologists, and if they do, it's very poor coverage. Anyway, I hope your condition turns out more successful than mine has been......

Closed Thread