It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2006, 06:16 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

MiLuckiiStarz HB User
Maybe Im just a hypochondriac

Well as some may know Ive been recently posting more and more frequently on here probably made a bad mistake when I decided to read all through the cancer forums and about brain tumors! Now Im freaked out even more. And schizophrenia too.

One of the symptoms of schizophrenia is lack of motivation, which is definitely something I have and also withdrawl from social situations (then again I withdrawl because I get panicky now-a-days when I never did before).

Then I read symptoms of brain tumors and they listed:
Headaches that tend to be worse in the morning and ease during the day,
Seizures (convulsions),
Nausea or vomiting,
Weakness or loss of feeling in the arms or legs,
Stumbling or lack of coordination in walking (ataxic gait),
Abnormal eye movements or changes in vision,
Drowsiness,
Changes in personality or memory, and
Changes in speech

The nausea I have but I have been increasingly stressed and anxious lately (the number of recent posts Ive posted tell this!) The weakness in arms or legs is a feeling Ive had too, mostly when panicky though. When the anxiety is real bad I feel really weird walking like at any moment I could just fall (though I havent). Ive had headaches behind my eyes (pressure) they seem to only be when Im trying to focus on far away things, and my eyes feel like theyre crossing sometimes too (not that they cross but like theyre trying to) but from my first eye doctor appointment I had about a week ago I have astigmatism in my left eye, but I dont know if thats the sensation you get with it? Not to mention it feels like my eyes are bouncing (not like vision wise but like things are going fast possibly? Or just a little shaky?) My personality has obviously been really paranoid and anxious and panicky lately, dont know if thats much of a change or not. And it feels like I wouldnt be able to remember something (feeling disassociative) but if I think specifically I can so I dont know if that counts as memory loss. And when Im nervous its harder for me to talk.

Blah I need some comfort or something, this is just getting really hectic. Not to mention then also fearing "fluid on the brain" etc, etc, etc. Is this completely abnormal for anxiety/panic disorder or is this how it goes? I honestly dont know what to think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Maybe Im just a hypochondriac

AGREED! this is not a brain tumor.Alot of those brain tumor symptoms ,if you had one,would present themselves and be there all of the time not just here and there.One of my fears years ago was also a brain tumor even had an MRI done and a CAT scan with contrast.results....normal.I have had all of those symptoms you are having even when I did not feel anxious.Stress can cause those symptoms too.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

MiLuckiiStarz HB User
Re: Maybe Im just a hypochondriac

I think its stress in general that had upsetted my panicing so bad lately, because as the stress gets worse, so has the panicing. Ive tried getting rid of the stress, but it just keeps coming back, but I guess you have to assume stress will always be there, so I should work on the panic aspect instead. Theres got to be better ways to handle stress right

Closed Thread