It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

leftearly617 HB User
Bipolar, accused of hypochondria

Hi Im new here, actually came to the PC to find out if I am NOT a Hypochondriac which I am not.

I have been suffering from depression most of my life. Diagnosed with BP at 22, I am now 25. Because of my strength in nature, when I cried because I had gotten hurt in some way, ie lost job, crashed car, burned hand, fell on ice. I was always accused of being a drama queen.

I dont know what part of my forehead was tattooed Drama Queen, but I will gladly pay the money to laser it off. Ive gotten, Drama Queen, Hypochondriac, various names thrown at me. From the same people. Its not even really because I whine. OK see now it look like I am telling you that Im not a Hypo.. so you decide for me, throughout a couple weeks span a few things could happen.

One major thing thats going on right now is that Im not getting enough water for my Topamax, and my Work does not have running water anymore and I need a Dr's note to fix it.
So because of that sometimes my Kidneys hurt (backpains), I get headaches, dizzyness. If I burn my hand I get called a drama queen (I have a scar on my hand from 6 months ago it was that bad)

I was walking through Walmart with my boyfriend quickly and I hadn't had any water (my water was shut off at home, and no water at work). I got a Heavy dizzy spell and threw myself against the nearest pole I could find. He said to me "ALRIGHT C'MON DRAMA QUEEN!" you know the stuff I usually get. I said " EFF YOU! I HAVN'T HAD ANY WATER! LEAVE ME ALONE" and he gets mad at me. And you know I am actually recovering!! I barely get any mood swings anymore. That was Validated!! Its not just my boyfriend, its my family too.

Have I made such a strong impression on my family members that I dont need help. That when I get hurt. They think Im faking it?

I am glad i am getting better because I cant be sad anymore I cant let this sort of crap bring me down I have to be independant. Though I would very much like to have a partner in my life that is on my side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User
Re: Bipolar, accused of hypochondria

Hi,
I had similar problems with my family. I tried everything to get them to respect me except one thing, first I had to learn to respect myself, that
was hard very hard. If this applies to you dont give up, the only person you can change is yourself. Show them you deserve their respect by respecting
yourself. If this doesnt apply to you, good luck, keep believing you'll
find the answer. Good Luck, K

Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

Keihn is right...

Nobody knows your body better then yourself!!! For me when I do have an "episode" physically my body takes a beating the day after, I noticed the older I get the worse it is (I'm 32)... Could you possibly keep bottle water with you??? I don't know where you live or your surroundings but EVERY store now a days sells bottle water.....

Hope this helps some!!! Keep us posted.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pucca_chick HB User
Wink Re: Bipolar, accused of hypochondria

hey i hate that. im not diagnosed but i shud go to a doctor i know that. but i get eyes rolled at me all the time. my parents always say i whine(i dont-im actually the opposite, if something is bothering me i wudnt dream of opening up-i just mention insignificant crap like i hurt my leg today or sumthing-thus suddenly im a drama queen).

one place i get this is my karate class,apparently i make everything bigger than it is, if im in a mood it shows thru and everyone feels it, they must think im attention seeking-but actually i hate being the focus of attention-i get very anxious.its just when i turn up in a **** mood, everything feels slow, everything takes energy, i feel dead, im ****** off and at nothing i hold back tears. everything looks like a huge effort and it can be-but then im not aloud to find it hard. its like cos i never tell anyone how hard it is, it gets on top of me, and when i show any frustration its like they know its not me and i have to be that solid inpenatrable person. which is frustrating!! one minute im trying to soften and feel more, then im being scorned for being to sensitve to myself!

try not to listen to the others, you know yourself, they will never know or understand your struggle so who are they to judge your pain, its not being a drama queen, it having feelings, and also do they not realise that depression makes everything ten times harder, thats why we cry at the slightest thing-its not like we enjoy the drama of it all.

good luck and keep your chin up, xox

Old 09-15-2006, 06:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dee-nah HB User

Oh and I also would like to post that A LOT of people have the habit of putting our "issues" on the fact that we are girls/woman who are mental anyways and either are PMSing or just being a plain pain in the a$$....

I don't been to be hypocritcal but it's the truth, being a bit*h is another word people tend to use when we so call "whine".... PLEASE do not keep your thoughts and feelings inside, I've done that for 28 years and it's only made me into the person I am today and that person is NOT DOING GOOD.

Use this board to your advantage and try your hardest to take care of your body or even have your boyfriend look at this site or have him look up BiPolar so he can be educated, if he loves you enough he will do this.... I don't think anyone in my family nor my boyfriend knew the extent of my diease until I was admitted to the Hosp. for 10 days .... Since then they ALL have read up on how to deal with a BiPolar person and everyone of them said it made more sense on how I react to things and why I sometimes get physically sick from my episodes. It even explains how/what they can do to ease the situation for us that way we don't FREAK out!

Old 09-15-2006, 10:34 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

princesspea HB User

Oh left,

If that's what they tatooed across your forhead wear it with pride! It's facing out not in. You know what you are and what you aren't. I'm a drama Queen and nit a but ashamed of it. Not about the same things they are accusing you of but when I'm telling a story in person my arms are flying, my voice is raised at the good parts, my body is twisting around and usually everybodies laughing so hard they are holding their sides. Some people think that's inappropriate for a women my age or at a church function...so what! It's who I am. Like K. said I have to love and respect myself and you know it's mostly the people that have problems themself that have problems with me. It gives them something else to focus on. You just go on doing what you need to do. If you feel dissy grab a pole. If bf doesn't like it he can buy you some bottled water out of one of the cold cases near the cash registers in the Wal-mart.

You do need to do something about your water situation though. It might be hard on your pride but, ask some one to save you some gallon milk bottles and fill them up with water at a friend or family members house so you can get your drinking water in. Kidney Dialysis is EXPENSIVE!!!!

There used to be a really good book. I don't know if it's still in print. It was call "But You Don't Look Sick" and it was about just this sort of thing. Please take care and know you aren't alone. Keep Posting.

Love and Hugs.

Love,

Jamie

Closed Thread