It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
(female)

misschicka2006 HB User
Am I ever going to overcome hypochondria?

Since the time I can remember, I have been completely obsessed with my health. I am the typical hypochondra, a fever, rash, headache, or anything else is fatal to me. Lately, my hypochondria is really kicking in. Like last night, I didn't sleep until three because I had dry mouth and felt so thirsty even when drinking glasses and glasses of water, and I convinced myself I was dehydrated. I spent the whole night drifiting in and out of sleep, my heart pounding, and shaking. I'm so tired of this. I'm a senior in high school and I just wish I could sit through a class period without feeling my pulse and wishing I was at a doctors office. It seems helpless. My family is tired of claims, and won't take me seriously which is good, but then again really frusterating. It's to the point that I wish I could just camp out at a doctors office. I feel like I will never get over this, no matter how hard I try to relax and convince myself it is all in my head. I just don't understand why I have this confusing and scary disorder. I just need some encouragment from others who feel the same as me, because most people don't understand.

Thanks everyone.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
(female)

krisdance83 HB User
Re: Am I ever going to overcome hypochondria?

Sweetheart, there are MANY people that feel the same way. Including me. I am also a hypochondriac. I'm scared of illness, any illness. I am also on the younger side (24) and it's a shame that we have to suffer at such a young age. We should be carefree at this time in our lives.

I wish I had some advice for you, but I also wanted to assure you that you are not alone. Anxiety disorders are treatable and many people can overcome them with therapy and/or medication. I know that your loved ones are not taking you seriously, but they don't know how hard it can be to feel this way. It would benefit you to talk to someone like a psychologist or counsellor. If you explain your fears to your family and they didnt understand, there should be someone you can talk to at school. Don't let people tell you just to get over it. You have to stand up for yourself because anxiety is just as much a health problem as any physical ailment. It shouldn't be ignored, especially by people who care for you. There are ways that you can feel better with professional help. I have had it myself. Stand up for yourself and remember that you are never alone. Good luck and let us know how you are!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
(male)

snapcrackle HB Usersnapcrackle HB Usersnapcrackle HB User

i think you need to understand that what happens to you is beyond your control, maybe its time you start living, instead of sitting around waiting to get sick or worrying about it

Old 01-06-2007, 09:25 AM   #4
(female)

krisdance83 HB User

That is much easier said than done when you have this problem...

Closed Thread