It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2002, 10:13 AM   #1

kiera1200 HB User
Talking Not a hypochondriac

It is nice to finally hear other people talking about aches and pains that are "all in your head" I have been having trouble with aches and pains and sleep and moods and cramps.. you name it.. for YEARS. I go to the doctor and he tells me he can't find anything wrong with me, puts me on Vioxx (latest episode) which has no effect on the pain and tells me there is nothing else he can do. I heard an advertisement on the radio about Fibromyalgia and did some research on the internet. I am in the process of getting an appointment with a doctor that won't tell me it's because I am too fat...(I am a bit overweight, but not obesse-size 12 or 14) I know I need to lose weight, but if I start an excersice program I get worse. I am sure you all can relate to me.

well, I just wanted to put my two cents in and say YIPPIE!!!! I am not making up my pain.. people who understand me......

Thanks

Old 08-06-2002, 08:03 PM   #2

Oma HB User
Kiera2000, In a way, it is too bad it is not all in your head. You could get good help that way. However, you will always find someone on this board that will help all they can. Keep looking for the right doctor. Don't forget there are doctors that specialize in pain too. Even tho it hurts, you must very carefully move and not stiffen up. just do it oh so gently and under your doctors care. Always do everything under his or her care. God Bless you. It is a good feeling when you find our it is real!!!! Hugs, Oma

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2002, 04:44 AM   #3

kiera1200 HB User
Thanks for the words of advice. I also feel it is too bad that it isn't in my head, but it will give me piece of mind to know that I am not "Looking for attention" I will keep you posted as to my first Dr. appointment this Friday and what the results are. Hang in there all of you and hope you have as painless a day as possible.....

Thanks for the response.....

Old 08-08-2002, 10:55 AM   #4

my3sons2001 HB User
Talking

Kiera

Hi my name is Renee. I have been lurking for a few months. I just noticed that you live right across the bridge from me. I live right up the hill from Valley High School. It can be so discouraging to be told it is all in your head. Last year I had a doc tell me "There is nothing wrong with you, you just need to find yourself a babysitter and a good therapist." Don't see her anymore. Have since been to see 6 different docs and diagnosed with fibro, but I am not so sure about that. My liver enzymes are elevated but so far all test come back negative. They have been elevated since the quack last year, but she did not tell me. Found out from the orthopedic surgeon. Nice huh. Hope the doc you are going to see is a good one. Keep us posted. If he/she is good I would love their name.

Renee

[This message has been edited by my3sons2001 (edited 08-08-2002).]

Old 08-08-2002, 11:07 AM   #5

kiera1200 HB User
HI Renee, my name is actually Nikki, My daughters name is Kiera... born 12-14-00.. Anyway, I will let you know if this Doctor is any good tomorrow. I work in Oakland so I choose a doctor here. They brag about the UPMC doctor's being the best. This will be the test. I want to get to the bottom of this pain.

I will log on again tomorrow and let you know.

Good to hear from someone close by...

[This message has been edited by kiera1200 (edited 08-08-2002).]

Old 08-09-2002, 07:51 AM   #6

kiera1200 HB User
Lightbulb

HI guys,

WEll, I was "diagnosed" with FM. I loved the Dr. Renee.. .she spent over an hour with me talking to me and expaining things and taking medical history. She was so nice. We are going to try and treat it with Naperson and diet and exercise. I have to lose about 30 pounds in the next 2-3 years. I can do that. She was really really a great woman. Her name is Dr. Chrisiane Arsever - 412-682-1044 she is with the Arthritis and Internal Medicine Associates with UPMC.

YOu should try her.

Have a great weekend all...

Old 08-09-2002, 09:01 AM   #7

my3sons2001 HB User
Cool

Thank you for replying back so quickly Nikki,

My current doc is Dr. Killian, he is a nice man but is very casual about the diagnosis. Kind of like dont think of this as a disease it is just a syndrome. Almost like the pain and fatigue is no big deal. I need someone who is going to be more compasionate. I have had it with doctors without compassion. I am a nurse and deal with that every time I work (which is becoming less and less). I will have to give her a call. I need to get some real sleep soon or I am going to go out of my mind. I don't know which is worse, the fatigue or the pain. He put me on Elavil 25mg but that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you so much
Hope everything works out for you

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Renee

Old 08-09-2002, 09:18 AM   #8

kiera1200 HB User
Renee,

She is very compasionate... She was wonderful.. a very quiet compasionate person.. Give her a call. I think you will like her.

Take care and have a great weekend

Closed Thread