It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

grylli28 HB User
Low Testosterone and Hypochondria

Hello, I am new here. I was recently diagnosed with a Low T. issue. I have been getting shots for a few months, since I was found allergic to the patches.

I don't know how to have an informed and respectful discussion with my doctor. I have been a mild hypochondriac for years and he knows it. I am still exhausted , weak and moody with the testosterone shots but he says everything is fine. It seems to me like my doctor is only content to give me Rx's and send me home.

For example, once I tried asking him what the possible risks, side effects and complications could be for me taking this hormone replacement therapy and asked about fertility? He said, "there is none. Your body needs this stuff to make sperm which will help you have kids and they will not be horse men either." I mentioned that I was researching this but I was told to not believe everything. Maybe I should not believe everything I hear, either! All treatments have risks.

I am only 35 yet I feel like I am 60. I am still exhausted, weak, depressed/ suicidal and confused.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

mail04 HB User
Re: Low Testosterone and Hypochondria

Sounds like an awful doctor. Your treatments probably not getting your levels high enough, or you may be having trouble with estrogen. More than likely i would say high estrogen since your on shots. T replacement will certainly mess with fertility, thats why we use hcg to keep testicles working.This doctor has no clue whats going on, get a new doctor and you might wanna think about filing a complaint about him. No doc should just brush off how your feeling.

Last edited by mail04; 06-19-2008 at 05:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 06:31 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

LALOV929 HB User

Sure sounds to me like you need a new doctor. Seems he is like all too
many, his way or the highway. It is not easy finding a doctor with whom
you can have a real meeting of minds rather than an authoritative and
unreasonable type. But I have learned from some on this board to ask
ahead before getting involved with one as to his TRT protocol and if he
comes on as a reasonable rather than domineering type.
Best of luck to you.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

mail04 HB User

Yeah, my best advice is call around, probably go to a DO. Ask if they use HCG, if they check estrogens, how often they check your levels after treatments started. The good ones will know what your talking about.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

grylli28 HB User
Re: terms?

Thanks joe132 and lalov929.

I could not understnad these terms: DO or TRT?

I never thought about filing a complaint. I don't want end up on the bad patient list, joked about on Seinfiled. Serious though, this is my third doctor in this area. My first one was good but he left the area to help family. Since then I keep hearing from locals that the doctors around hear are stupid. Some days I am frustrated because my wife does not seem to believe what I dig up either.

I keep thinking I once found a site for Low T folks, other than WMD, is there another place to go? I want to learn more about this. I was also wondering if this is correlated to lymes disease? I the idea hit me after reflecting on my experiences and reading the LD thread here. If I am correct, testicular pain is a symptom of LD as is Low T.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

mail04 HB User

TRT=testosterone replacement therapy, DO=Osteopath, a kind of doctor, better in my opinion. If you dont wanna waste time and have some money, go out to see dr john crisler. Hes an absolute expert at this, hes my doctor. As you will soon find out, when embarking on trt you want someone who knows what they are doing, you dont wanna end up knowing more about this than your doctor.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

hayfarmer HB User

Joe is right. Especially in your case because it sounds like you want to remain fertile. You probably will not be once you are on T replacement without HCG for any significant length of time. Your doctor has no clue what he's talking about. T is not needed to make sperm....FSH is. Your FSH is most likely to drop very low while on T replacement.

You can waste a lot of time and money trying to find a doctor who knows how to treat this. If you can afford it, I suggest traveling to one of the top doctors.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

grylli28 HB User

hey mr. hayfarmer!
Nice to met you. I have seen your posts online for this subject before. I appreciate your advice as well.

I have to find out what FSH is. I have been wondering about this doctor, since he first told me about my LT and he did not ask me to get a CT of my head and groin. I am not a Dr. but my high school health classes already taught me that: 1) T does make sperm and 2) hormonal issues are related to the endocrine system.

I have been trying to get a Endo doctor and then I want to be checked for tumors. However, after reading some of the boards, I wondering if even the endos will know what to do? How do you find a experienced Dr. for LT?

I have so many questions. I need to find one of these books, I have seen lauded in the threads. I don't know what part of this is worse, the brain fog or the exhaustion, tremors, aches and weakness. I have told me friends that I am a workoholic and a hypochondriac. I will go to a doctor for anything that prevents me from being productive.

Besides steroid/ antidepressant abuse, are there any other or prevalent theories for a cause to LT? I have often wondered if abusing energy drinks, continued play of certain PC games or poisons are to blame? I thought at first, that some of my coworkers had poisoned me with heavy metals. That place had an aweful work culture. Sometimes I wonder if someone did not slip me something herbal but I doubt that would have lasted for the 3 months since I left there. However, I am still reading about this.

Thanks

Closed Thread