It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

parineetapv HB User
Hypochondria

Hi,

This is regarding my sister. Since the age of 16 she used have fever often, doctors did some test and said it is nothing. She went into engineering, but all the four years she was suffering from neck pain and had gone through so many test and tractions and physiotheraphy treatments, the pain comes and goes. She started her career in IT and the neck pain started again and was continous for a long time and finally she couldn't even move her hands on the keyboard due the neck pain. The MRI scan showed a slight bulgh in one of the disc, but doctors said nothing to worry about and gave some exercises, she had consulted many big surgeons in mumbai, but she did not get a satisfactory reply and she also started feeling none of the family members are giving much attention to her pain. She has tried almost all the treatments she can and now since last 3 years she is on bed, she cannot eat or drink on her own, everything is to be done by mum from brushing teeth to bathing her as well. Last year my dad died as well. I want to know if she has hypochondria and if yes, what are her chances of coming out of this situation? What is the medication for hypochondria?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lindaru HB User
Re: Hypochondria

Hi, Parineetapv . . . could you please verify for me that "hypochondria" is the actual diagnosis they gave her for her condition? Hypochondria/hypochondriasis is generally a problem where someone believes they have conditions or diseases when they do not.

I am thinking if they found a bulging disc in her neck, that is very real, and her increasing symptoms and limitation of normal daily activities is indeed very real. I would seek a second opinion.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Lindaru

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread