It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
(female)

Freaked001 HB User
hypochondriac

Im 26 years old this month...about a month and half ago my dad died from kidney failure, he was a serious pain pill addict though. So a month ago I started thinking that something was wrong with me, everyday I was panicing that I was going to die, that I had some serious problem that know one could find...this is the worst feeling in the world. Everyone says just don't think about it and it will go away, but how can I not think about it everytime something hurts on me, it's like death comes upon me.....

Old 04-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
(male)

CELGB HB User
Re: hypochondriac

when you started thinking things were wrong what kind of symptoms started or what made you feel like you were going to do ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
(female)

Freaked001 HB User

Well when my dad died he had went to the hospital on a monday and they said he was ok and then 36 hours later he went back to the hospital for the same thing and they let him sit for 2 1/2 hours and he died there....so a few later I just started feeling sick and thinking that whatever is wrong with me they will not be able to find...I'm guessing thats how all this started and then once it got in my head every ache...ie...back pain, headache, leg and arm twitching, rapid heartbeat....makes me think this is it and Im going to die and no one can save me....

Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

What you're experiencing is not unusual. You are having health anxiety because of what happened to your father. I have gone through the same thing since my husband died 2 years ago. Everytime I get any kind of twinge, twitch, or symptom of anything I go into a panic and convince myself that it's something fatal. You are much younger than I but I understand your fear is real. Try to talk sense to yourself and figure the odds that it's something bad......very small. Breathe slowly and try to relax. If your fear is seriously interfering with your life you might have to seek professional help, but try to get control of it yourself. I know it's hard, I'm having a bad bout with my "health anxiety" again because a neighbor passed away. I wish I wasn't like this and I know you do too, but know there are others out there experiencing exactly what you are and we're here to help each other. God bless.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

i'm sorry about what happened to your dad.

i came here tonight because i, too, think i'm dying of something that no one can find. my dad had a heart attack in december which made me realize my own mortality. i think it's some form of post traumatic stress disorder. what i'm trying to do is sit and breathe deeply and relax and stretch and try to get my head together and realize that i'm overreacting. if you saw my search history you would think i was crazy with all the symptoms i've punched in the last while. it's exhausting and my stomach is sick with cramps (which i think have something to do with internal bleeding.. sigh).

know you are not alone. i can't promise that everything is perfect in your body right now but i have a 99% sureness that you are okay!

Closed Thread