It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #1

longball HB User
Wink hypochondriac

Does anyone else outh there find themselves trying to find diagnoses for something that might not even be there. Stress over things that he or she should really not stress about. At what point can a person say I have to quit worrying like this, and really mean it. How can I teach myself to look at things positively. This has recently effected me in a way that is getting in the way of my daily routine. I stress over things and then I dwell on them making me anxious and worrysome. I was hoping that someone out there could have some advice for me... A friend

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 05:50 PM   #2

TroubledYouth HB User
every one says im a hypochondriac and eh i guess they could be right...i tend to read way to much into certain things that would seem relativly normal to other people...the only thing that really helps me is everyone telling me im a hypochondriac, may sound a little weird but hearing people say that its all in my head and theres nothing to actually worry over helps a lot....but im pretty sure your better off then a lot of other people with the disease really bad cases dont think they are hypochondriacs just think there always dieing

good luck though it sucks i know...but there are a lot of people out there just like you

------------------
-When life gives ya lemons, squeeze em in someones eye until you feel better-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 07:03 PM   #3

longball HB User
Thank you for the reply and your comment at the end is quite true.... It is just tough to find a point for where u think its nothing...

Old 08-20-2003, 09:42 PM   #4

TroubledYouth HB User
ya i know things can get really stressfull and exspecially when you have symptoms for something and your really worried and no one seems to believe you...but i say the best power you can have is to have knowledge about what it is you think you have at the time, although that could make it worse it has on occasion made me panick more because the more id read about something the more id think i have it...
its really good to have a friend that understands what its like so they dont get aggrivated everytime you think somethings wrong...someone to help you out and calm you down basicly just talk you out of thinkin that your sick ya know

------------------
-When life gives ya lemons, squeeze em in someones eye until you feel better-

Closed Thread