It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2003, 07:35 AM   #1

lastoria HB User
Post I think I'm a Hypochondriac freak.

I've been having a throat problem. Since I used to chew tobacco and smoke, I am paranoid of throat cancer. A couple of weeks ago I had a strange pinching sensation in my throat, almost like it was cut. So I started freaking out that it was throat cancer. Then I began swallowing very often to "check" the state of my throat. Well, then that developed into a swallowing problem. Look up "difficulty swallowing" on Google and you get about a billion pages about throat cancer.

So the more I think about it the more I swallow and the worse it gets. Finally I went to the doctor. Who said he doesn't think I have throat cancer. However he wasn't very convincing. So now I'm still freaked about it.

What should I do!?

29 year old male
50mg Zolft for Panic Disorder
20mg Aciphex for GERD
100% total nut-job =)

Old 10-01-2003, 09:43 AM   #2
(female)

BlueEyezzMel HB User
Often, those with panic disorder suffer from the inability to swallow at times. I suffer from this from time to time.

Life DOES get better eventually....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2003, 09:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
I get the same thing! I freak out sometimes but I quit smoking 3 years ago, sometimes I will have a smoke, maybe about 2 times a month. I am a major hypochondriac! I go to the doctor about everything, I mean I worry about everything, that leads to more panic but I have always been a worrywort, this panic disorder brings the worst out of me!!! have a good day!

[This message has been edited by worrywort (edited 10-01-2003).]

Old 10-01-2003, 11:31 AM   #4

Ant1021 HB User
I have the exact problem. I worry about everything and always end up going to the doctor to get checked. I used to smoke and I always worry about any type of cancer and any little sensation in my body makes me think I have something wrong with me. Sometimes I think everything I watch on television is going to happen to me. Don't worry you aren't the only one.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:35 PM   #5

losingit HB User
The fear of Death is definetly one of the worst anxieties we all are facing. I too had a brush with cancer 2 years ago while pregnant with my 3rd child. My doc thought that I had cervical cancer. I lost the baby and test revealed no cancer. I havent been back to that doc since.

Closed Thread