It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2003, 07:28 AM   #1
Inactive

GertieMae HB User
Post Hypochondria

I swear Iam a Hypochondriac!I worry about EVERY ache-pain-symptom my body feels.It scares me!

It is getting worse not better.When I worry about these things I can feel the Adrenaline flowing OUT WARD which makes it so much worse.

If I have a slight ache in my upper Abdomen I think I have Hepatitis,Pancreatic Cancer or some other serious Disease.If my Urine is darker than normal in the morning upon first Urination,I just know I have a UTI,Kidney Infection or Kidney Disease...The list goes on and on..

How can I stop this??????

[This message has been edited by GertieMae (edited 10-15-2003).]

Old 10-15-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
Inactive

Curly Chef HB User
You can try doing what I do. If I have a pain somewhere, I give it 3 days before I start getting concerned. We all have little aches and pains, that is how our bodies deal with all the stress and garbage we put in it!

About the urine, when it is dark, it defineately means that you are dehydrated, especially if it has a distinct odor. So drink some water or have a lot of fruit. Your urine actually can tell you a lot, specifically if you have a poor diet, then it shows up in the urine. Like stated earlier, give it a few days. Drink lots of water, eat water rich foods, like fruits and raw veggies and salads, then keep checking your urine. It should clear up after a while.

Hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2003, 01:22 PM   #3
(female)

BlueEyezzMel HB User
Talking

I know exactly how you feel. I am EXACTLY the same way. Except usually, my hypochondria seems to lead me to believe I'm coming down with a stomach virus or something. So as I get more and more anxious and start having an attack I believe more than anything in the world that I'm just going to lose my lunch right there and then. It's pathetic. I"m "vomit-phobic" so it gets me going even more. I feel like I'm the only one in the world that has this phobia (emetophobia, I believe), but I know I'm not because there's a word for it.

Sometimes I even think I have irritable bowel syndrome.

I just need to stop freaking out.

Life DOES get better eventually....

Old 10-16-2003, 01:07 AM   #4

scaredbuthopeful HB User
Hey Gertie...
I dont know if you have visited this site yet but if you havent you might want to check it out.
You might have to copy and paste it.
Take Care.

[url="http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=323495&NoCaches=Yes"]http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=323495&NoCaches=Yes[/url]

Old 10-16-2003, 04:10 AM   #5

amy_m HB User
I also get the same feelings, but like Curly Chef I wait for a couple of weeks till I get worried - mos times it deisappeared. I ahve always suffered weird sysmptoms since having a cfs illness when i was 15 - these include a feeling of a tight rubber band round the top of my arm, pressure behind my ear for months and eyestrain for two weeks

I also figure that if we all had physical problems then we wouldn't have the mental problems that come. Cos its not like all people with heart problems or cancer suffer from panic disorders, and for me, its the mental type of suff that gets to me the most

Old 10-16-2003, 09:11 AM   #6
Inactive

Curly Chef HB User
I forgot to add one more thing...if your urine is dark or bright it could be due to any medication or supplementation (vitamins, etc) in your system.

Old 10-16-2003, 09:30 AM   #7
Inactive

GertieMae HB User
Hello,

Thanks for the replies.Curly about the Urine,at times in the morning when I pee it may be a tad bit darker than normal.I usually sleep deep so may hold it longer than I should.

It doesnt happen all time,I just notice it at times like I do everything else!I worry about things I needen't worry for.

I guess having Anxiety/Panic makes us more cautious and leary of anything we feel.Our system is over-hyper.

Closed Thread