It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
(male)

CHRIS2010UK HB User
Anxiety reoccurance thansk to Hypochondria

Hi guys!

In '05 I had massive panic disorder.<edit> It was a massive fear of being schizophrenic (thanks to all the news stories)
Anyway I used to suffer dissociation and derealization as well, It used to terrify me, literal terror. Eventually I got a handle on it and by '07 I was back to normal.

Anyway I have a new problem now, I have a big fear of having HIV, and at times Leukemia. Its driving me insane and I'm constantly rubbing my armpits thinking theyve swollen up. I also do have some kind of yeast infection(?) which I've had ever since I had sex last year, Its because of this infection I keep getting these attacks and its driving me mad. I want to go the doctors but I know they will fob me off and make me go down the GUM clinic and I hate it there.

I know its in my head because theres no symptoms, and ive checked for swollen lymph nodes and there isnt. the only thing i have is this infection and thats my own damn fault!

anyway im not really asking for advice or anything, i just wanted to see if anyone else has similar fears which have little or no justification?

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-23-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
(male)

pleasehelp13 HB User
Re: Anxiety reoccurance thansk to Hypochondria

[QUOTE=CHRIS2010UK;4313181]Hi guys!

Hello wow very ironic but I suffer from panic disorder...I had the same exact fear as you. I feared I would become schizoprenic also feared I had HIV or something terrible. Its all part of the disorder my friend. Truth is thats what anxiety is exactly the fear of stuff that can happen but most likely wont. Anyways there is light at the end of the tunnel for you, this was all about 4 years ago when I had these fears and I am happy to say that They're no an issue anymore. I mean dont get me wrong I still have certain Anxieties that I deal with but those examples not anymore. Its a process my friend. I am convinced it will get better for you in time. Just try to keep a good mindset and something that helps me is always tell yourself "its just my anxiety acting up again" I feel for you and understand what your going through....IT WILL GET BETTER. Roll with the punches and really study what anxiety is and what it does to our mind. Good luck my friend..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread