HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Hypochondria (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hypochondria/)
-   -   Hypochondriacs/anxiety sufferers - Does anyone realize how we feel? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hypochondria/767435-hypochondriacs-anxiety-sufferers-does-anyone-realize-how-we-feel.html)

Redladyjoni 09-09-2010 02:11 AM

Hypochondriacs/anxiety sufferers - Does anyone realize how we feel?

This sounds like me I always feel something is wrong with me and actually have symptons. My lastest is tightness on one side of my face like at times someone is pulling it tight I have been to Dr I had a bad sinus infection but meds are not helping it at times it goes and comes but I have painc attacks and tension alot and I don't think my family understands at all I think they think Im nuts but the sympton is there anyone else have pro of one side of face feeling weird pulled or streched oh well its the norm for me you know my 1st thought was stroke than brain tumor than heart attack now its cancer geesh anyone have you had anything like this due to anxiety

feelingok 09-09-2010 05:55 AM

Re: Hypochondriacs/anxiety sufferers - Does anyone realize how we feel?

I've been like this for yrs. Everyday I get a "new" aliment that I worry of. Lately its been my heart again, when I turned 50 in Jan. But had total workup from doc last yr & heart is fine, yet I wory i'm damaging it via worry, etc. It is a nitemare. But I fight this daily, so yes, I know what you mean!

tulum 09-09-2010 04:20 PM

go get a massage

5088 09-09-2010 07:00 PM

That hypocondra goes with anxeity , i got over it .

I wish i could figure out how to help other people do the same .

Bball92 09-09-2010 09:50 PM

Me and I still have it.

One of the things that's nice about the anxiety is that after you learn how to talk yourself out of it, it basically goes away.

I went through every disease and thought I had it. I thought tumor.. brain hemorrhage.. meningitis...heart conditions... etc.

The thing is, what's actually going on with you is something that you've gone through many times before but since you're becoming so self-analytical you are noticing things that you usually don't and are thinking they're something serious.

What helped me is the fact that the area I live in has an emergency hotline that I could call and just talk to someone anytime I was freaking out and they would ask me certain things about what I thought I had and basically made me realize how stupid it was to have those thoughts.

The muscle tension is MOST LIKELY just from you being stressed out and is definitely nothing to worry about.. If you had some serious condition you would have had something happen to you already. Just take each panic attack as a learning experience on how to control the next one.