It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
(female)

WORRIED4DAYS HB UserWORRIED4DAYS HB User
hello...just want to talk

ok, first off i have an obsession wit my health like the most of us here which is why we are here..

its like every so often, mostly when under regular everyday life stress, i go thru this thing..something else, everytime, with my health. here recently the thing was HIV....
I had convienced myself that i was HIV positive after contracting an std from a guy in mid october...i thought i had every symptom in the book..took like 7 hiv test in like 3 weeks, didnt go to thanksgiving dinner...didnt talk to none of my friends but the ones that listen to me go thru this. and after my doctor seen how scared i was, he gave me a test that they only give people that has had like a finger *****...(like if u were working in a emergency room and got stuck with a needle...) or people who were diagnose. the test check for the virus itself instead of waiting the 6mths for the antibodies to form...but basically i am here..because i want and need help and i dont know what kind of help is out there and availible..please advice.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
(female)

mers7479 HB User
Re: hello...just want to talk

I personally don't know what kind of help is out there for your issue but I do know what its like to fear something even when medical testing should be reassuring. For me its my heart... Maybe i can reassure u that if u have had seven negative tests than u r okay...please be careful in the future sexually. Counseling is available in most communities for next to nothing cost to help with your anxiety. Try to find support from family and friends. I have found that suffering alone is far worse...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
(female)

Charmbracelet81 HB User
Re: hello...just want to talk

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is what I am in. I am obsessed with my heart and always thinking I am dying from something underlying. I HAVE been tested for everything, and I just can't be reassured.

Closed Thread