It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
(male)

ryanmccauley211 HB User
Should I let my heart concerns go?

These last few months I have been worrying I have heart disease. I get maybe a short pain in my left chest now and again and every time I do no matter how small I think it is my heart. At the gym I was getting pain and thought the worst again but realised it only got sore when I moved a certain way so must have been muscle related.

I am 24, never smoked or drank, had one relative die in their' 50s from it but he smoked and drank heavily all his life. I have been overweight (BMI 27) but have lost enough to be considered a healthy weight. I have no other medical conditions. Had an ECG and X-ray which were normal.

So you can see the doctors see me as a low risk category but I find it difficult to accept my heart is fine. I got tested for diabetes, blood tests, kidney problems which were all okay. Do I sound like I am imagining it and try and move past this?

Thanks!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
(male)

Thescaredone HB User
Re: Should I let my heart concerns go?

You are not alone.
I too suffer from the same problems you are describing friend. I Feel like I am going to die of a heart attack at any moment. It's not that much in which death that scares me it's having my mother finding me dead in her house when she returns from work in the morning, it would devistate her.

But I do know that I've been worked up for a month now about it and it doesn't seem to be going away. I Went to the ER just because one of them cause i was convinced something went wrong! It turned out normal but now here i am obsessing about it and it doesn't seem to stop! the more you worry the worse it gets friend, so just tell yourself every little thing is going to be alright!

The Following User Says Thank You to Thescaredone For This Useful Post:
sasquach (06-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
(male)

Acadian HB User

Well I get these pains also, but it was explained to me that it is most likely caused by your rib cage, pinching nerves or capillaries in your chest. Just keep telling yourself that a heart attack is more then just chest pains, you both will be fine, get lot's of exercise, so you will have a strong heart and live for a healthy long life.

Last edited by Acadian; 05-12-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
(female)

sasquach HB User

I am the same way, I am constantly thinking that there is something along the lines of atherosclerosis going on with my heart. I am constantly worried that I'm going to go to sleep and not wake up. Though I am 14, 5'3" and I was 58kg the last time I weighed myself which was a few weeks ago, so I know that any thing that I think is wrong with me is just silly, but I can't help but think that it's true. I get so worried that sometimes I force myself awake. I guess all you can do is just keep telling yourself that it will be fine.

Closed Thread