It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
(male)

AlphaMale13 HB User
Am I a Hypochondriac? Advice?

I didn't use to be a hypochondriac, at least I don't think so. I am a worrier and clinical depressive, recently general anxiety disorder. I have a cousin who is a hypochondriac she is always at urgent care, ER's and the doctor. I used to think she was crazy know I'm not so sure.

I'm dying, at least I think I am. It started 2 weeks ago with a bit of blood on the toilet paper and that sent me downhill. I am now OBSESSED with cancer specifically colon and pancreatic. Pancreatic cancer absolutley terrifies me. I spend all day researching cancer a scaring myself......thanks Google.

This is seriously affecting me. My home life, my work, I mean everything. I am being consumed with this fear and my anti-depressants aren't working anymore.

Any advice on how to deal with this? I know since I'm only 33 and pretty healthy chances of something bad happening are low but then I hit the internet and see it does happen to people like me and I start downhill all over again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: Am I a Hypochondriac? Advice?

Hi, It looks like no one answered your question and I thought I would say that if you think something is wrong with any part of your body, go to your primary care physician and see if they can offer you some tests to be run or to ease you mind. Do you have medical insurance? If not, go to a cliinic where they charge according to what you make and see if they can run tests. I have had different cancers and other problems but I have been fortunate enough to have gone to the doctor and gotten them in the early stages and have been treated. I want peace of mind and if something is bothering me, I go to the doctor and educate myself with the Internet so I can ask questions but I also want to know what a professional thinks. I hope you find help and relax a bit since you wrote this. All things on the Internet are not always positive or good. Take care.

The following user gives a hug of support to renko:
Cardinal Fan (10-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
(male)

AlphaMale13 HB User

Thannk you for the encouraging words. I have a consult with a GI doctor this coming monday and hopefully we can put my mind at ease.

The following user gives a hug of support to AlphaMale13:
Cardinal Fan (10-11-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

Are you seeing a therapist? If you were my loved one, that's what I would recommend at this point in time. I'm sorry for your pain.

blessings, Sue

Old 09-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
(male)

AlphaMale13 HB User

Yes, I'm starting to see one and it does help. I just got prescribed some Ativavn to help in the short term until I really get going with a therapist.

Closed Thread