It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User
It runs in the family

hello everyone, I would like to start off by saying that mental health issues are very close to my heart. i have been dealing with family members, my maternial grandmother, my mom, my sister, neice and uncle, all of whom have or are suffering from mental problems. My sister and neice are the only ones who are alive now. my sister got it in her head, some kind of way that if a person was sick, then they got attention. When she had her daughter, she keep her in the dr's office all the time, it was always something. As far as my sisters health goes, except mental health that is, she never, ever gets sick ie, cold, flu, nothing. Now, she does not get help for her condition with her daughter. My neice is now a grown woman, with a child herself. Ok she is always complaning with something, goes to the dr every week, really she does. Now, cause i have lupus, she thinks she has it, that makes my husband so mad!! he cant stand her for that.Whatever is wrong with someone else, is wrong with her. i think she's a hypochondriac, i think my sister suffers from Munnchhoussin, however you spell it, not sure. Anyway, they got something wrong with them both, when it comes to being sick, the mother wants her daughter to be and the daughter is always complaining about being sick. I think I know where a lot of this stems from, my sister seen how people got attention when they would be sick and she just caught on to that some kind of way, strange. i am not like that, but we were not raised up together either, thank goodness for that. my neice gets on fb and all she ever talks about is going to the dr's or how sick she is. thats all her life is about, just her. Thats makes me mad when she compares her feelings to mine, she has no right to do that,none!! She has no idea what i am going through with this horrific disease, neither does my sister. She dont even call me to ask how im doing, only to tell me that her daughter is sick, go figure.They both need some help with these issues, but they dont see it like other people do, like me and everyone else who knows them that is. i think im gonna just ignore them for a good while, i can't take it. i dont want to curse them out, or hurt any feelings, but if it keeps on stepping on my toes-it's gonna happen.Whats so sad, the neice has a lil baby boy,1 year and he gets ignored and does without because she always thinks she sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread