It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

thewolfsage HB User
Exclamation Should I just let my latest worry go?

I've suffered from hypochondria ever since I was a kid, and that hypochondria can be triggered by seemingly anything, even TV shows and commercials. For example, when I was in middle school AIDS PSA's were everywhere, so for a little while I convinced myself that I had AIDS. Unfortunately that tendency to hear about a disease/condition and convince myself that I have it has followed me into adulthood. Has anyone seen the show "Monsters inside me"? It's all about parasites and it's pretty disgusting. One morning last month I watched part of an episode, and then later that evening something happened to make me think I have worms. I already posted a thread about it, so I won't rehash the entire story here and I'll just post a link to my other thread. The concern that I have some kind of worm is defiantly still there, so my question is this: is my latest worry legitimate, or should I just let it go and move on with my life?

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=878077

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Should I just let my latest worry go?

Vegetable matter in the stool is quite normal. If Dr says you're OK, you might want to move on. Are you in any area of the world where parasites are endemic? If not, you might be hardpressed to actually become infected. Especially if you have access to sanitary disposal of waste. I think this might be a time to listen to your Dr, but you can always obtain a second opinion. I hope you can let this go and enjoy your holidays!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
(female)

thewolfsage HB User
Exclamation Re: Should I just let my latest worry go?

Thanks for the reply. I was close to letting this worry go, when less then a half hour ago I was sitting at my computer desk. I ran my hand through my bangs and found a stick like thing that looks quite a bit like the stick things I've seen in my stool. I have no clue what it is, and now I'm worried again. I took a couple pictures to post here. I know the pictures aren't the best quality (they were the best pics I could get, sorry.) and it might be difficult if not impossible to ID this thing based on them, but any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT-Pics are right here. Just scroll down.

http://www.thehypochondriac.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8254&p=19264#p19264

Last edited by thewolfsage; 11-25-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: Should I just let my latest worry go?

I could not follow your link to your pictures. Having said that, and I'm just a patient, not a Doctor, I have to say that when you go looking to find objects that look like other objects, especially small ones, I daresay that you will find them. Not that they ARE the same object, just that they look alike. I once beat a piece of fuzz to death, thinking it was a spider. (I'm kind of afraid of them, spiders that is - not pieces of fuzz, lol) That piece of fuzz was small, black and had bits sticking out that looked like legs. And of course it moved in just a very small air current. But it was, nonetheless, a piece of fuzz for all my belief that it was something different. Your Doctor said that you were not infected, I believe, and the flotsam in your hair may be like my piece of fuzz. (on a side note: I have a lot of yarn and raw fiber around the house and you should see what odd strands of colours and things that end up in my hair, when I play with the fiber.) You can always take your sample to your Dr, but you must also be prepared for the news that you do not have a parasite, and I hope, nothing else wrong to make the upcoming holiday season less than happy.

Closed Thread