It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
(female)

juzzie HB User
Hypochondria sufferer in need of support..

Hey, Im terrified im going a bit crazy..... i guess i just need some reassurance from others who are similar to me.
I guess ive had health anxiety on and off for years but its just really bad at the moment. Ive had a million things over the years... i pretty much live with constant shortness of breath feeling that ive accepted as most likely being hyperventilation syndrome {had 1000 tests done for it... nothings wrong and ive had it for 12 years now}.

Its as if im just extremely over sensitive to physical sensations... ill feel something, and if i can't immediately explain to myself what the sensation was caused by then ill start to worry.. then the symptom will get worse and i start getting anxiety panicky.. then its like i lose the ability to be rationale and cant think straight.... that scares me even more because i feel like im losing my mind and its so frightening that i can't see a way out! arrrh its terrible. Im sure im just a hypochondriac as ive had so many weird things that are unexplainable over the years and a million tests done and nothing has ever been found.

Like tonight for example... i was happily doing some painting, suddenly i felt as if i had a cold drop of water on my hand, so i went to wipe it away but i couldn't find it... it was like chasing an itch but i couldn't find it! sounds ridiculous but it freaked me out and next thing my whole arm felt weird and cold and like i couldn't warm it up properly. So i tried explaing it to my partner and he was just like huh?

i think im just here because i need virtual hugs from people who understand or have been through this... anyone?

Im on paxil.. have been on and off it for years. it seems to work for me but im a bit hopeless at taking it regularly.... must take it daily for a few weeks and see if i can get on top of this latest bad spell!

Thanks for reading

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: juzzie
MichaelZ (01-27-2012), WorryWorm2 (01-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
(male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User
Re: Hypochondria sufferer in need of support..

Don't play with the medication. Take it on a daily basis if that is what the doctor ordered.
It takes at least two weeks until a SSRI starts to kick in. It has some side effects and you shouldn't get scared that they may also last a few weeks. But taking it just when you think you need it is not the way to go with SSRI. Benzodiazepine is used for these situations.

Current medication: Paxil 40mg, Mirtazapin 20mg

Closed Thread