It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
(male)

MichaelZ HB User
Unhappy I need help! I can"t take this anymore :(

Hi, i am a 20 year old male, I have had anxiety my whole life, well just recently I got worse I was having some chest pains, I wasn't too worried about it because it wasn't severe so I looked it up on google (I hate when i do that) and the first thing I saw was heart disease, I freaked out, I stood up and I couldn't breathe or walk, I almost passed out and I was rushed to the ER. the Doctors did some chest xrays and it turned out that I was fine. Ever since then I have been obssesing over every little symptom I have, I will have a little pain, or muscle spasm and I will spend the next 6 hours researching it on google and freak myself out, every single day i think I have a disease that is going to kill me, so far I was canvinced I have cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, cancerous moles, Heart disease, kidney failure, ALS disease, MS, bone cancer, heart attacks etc. you name it I will think I have it . I need some help from you guys because this happens to me every single day and I am tired of feeling that I am going to die from a disease. my family and friends don't understand what I am dealing with so it makes me feel like I am all alone, and I feel like I am literally going to go mentally insane. I just want this to go away so i can have a happy and normal life! I am interested in hearing other people's stories about their problems so that I don't feel alone on this. please let me know what you are going through, i need some support from you guys.

Last edited by MichaelZ; 01-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
(male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User
Re: I need help! I can"t take this anymore :(

I think that your situation is easily explained. Since you have been anxious for such a long time your nerves became oversensitized. This means that they react "extremely" to the slightest uncomfortable thought or feeling. It also means that you feel your body much more intensively than you would with your nerves being "cool".
Basically what you need is to give yourself time to understand this. It has to sink into your subconsciousness until it becomes a solid belief. So solid that no strange feeling (sensation) can shock you. When you reach this point getting better is only a matter of time. So whenever you feel some strange symptoms out of the blue don't fall into the habit of thinking of something terrible that will happen. If you do, change the thought into a positive one. It won't make you feel better immediately. It takes time to calm yourself down. Getting stressed might come like a flash, but cooling down might seem like hours. At the beginning this might be true, but this also will get better with every day.
Don't be discouraged that it takes time. It's the way things work in our life. You have been anxious for such a long time, it is only natural that your mind and body takes so long to get relaxed and your nerves to reduce sensitivity. Believe me: it will work. "Confidence banishes fear." Let this be your slogan.

Current medication: Paxil 40mg, Mirtazapin 20mg

Old 01-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
(male)

MichaelZ HB User

Thank you so much for replying, it means a lot to me, I just can't control the thoughts that I have and it's really affecting me and and everyone around me. But it is getting better, i found this website that is a lot like facebook but it's for people with anxiety, It helps me because I'm with a big group that understands what I'm going through, this way I don't feel like i'm alone. So thank you very much for the advice

Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
(male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User

You are welcome. It's good to hear that you are getting better. Don't lose faith even if some days are worse than the ones before. This is normal and in the long run you will recover for sure.

Current medication: Paxil 40mg, Mirtazapin 20mg

The Following User Says Thank You to d0ink For This Useful Post:
Charmbracelet81 (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
(female)

Charmbracelet81 HB User

I know how u feel. MIne started in childhood and is still going strong it I get reassurance about one thing I move on to thinking something else is wrong. It's like I "have" to have something wrong ALL THE TIME. I had several heart tests that came out great so now I always feel smothered and like I have to control my breathing so the new thing is COPD. I have never been on meds but did CBT which helped me understand it all and deal with issues from childhood but the way it manifests so fast is hard to deal with. Just know I know exactly how u feel.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
(female)

Chris2X2 HB User

Hy! I read your post the other day and decided to answer I know what you are going through, I'm there myself( I guess I wouldn't have been on this site otherwise,huh?) I actually just truly admited that I AM a hypochondriac and that I should probably seek for help. Reading the storyes of other people helps me alot in dealing with my own because I don't feels such a "weirdo" anymore. I know it's hard for the people around us to deal with this situation, and to tell you the truth, I hate the fact that I'm driving my bf insane with all the diseases I think I have. I'm somewhat "new" in this, my hypochondry started last summer, but it has taken over my life. Till now I was CONVINCED I had ovarian cancer, glaucoma, eye cancer, I feared that, because of my sinusitis, I was gonna get a brain infection/tumor/go blind and now I'm terrified I could have ALS/MS/God knows what other terrible disease. For the last two I haven't done any tests (yet!), but the other ones were pretty much silly, most of them anyway. I always wanna talk about this, I always want to be reassured that I'm gonna be ok (wich is silly, my bf is not a doctor). Sometimes people just loose patience with you, and for good reason, but you just feel alone and scared and I'm really tired of beeing misserable for no real, diagnosed cause. I hope you find some releaf on this site, and I hope so myself. I'm 24 and I don't whant to waist my youth thinking I'm going to die.
Best wishes for you, and I hope you pull this off!

Reply Reply