It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
(male)

rolandces27 HB User
Whats wrong with me? If anything?

hi everyone.

I am posting today because lately I've been feeling like theres something seriously wrong with me. Let me start by saying that I am 19 years old and have always been healthy and active. It all started with a pounding heart beat about 4 months ago that kept me up all night. I woke up the next day with my heart still pounding. I visited an urgent care where they performed an EKG. At the time my heart was still pounding, it wasn't fast, just strong. The EKG came back normal and they sent me home. Ever since then I sort of felt off. From then on, my anxiety climbed and my life started spiraling out of control. Id always be conscience of my heart fearing that one day id suffer a heart attack or that it'll just stop beating. Id find myself constantly checking my pulse and feeling my heart beat. After another month or so, I went to the doctors and explained to her my symptoms. She sent me for a cbc test and the results came back normal. She suggested that I see a cardiologist for clearance but i was going back to school and the timing did not work out. Things started to get better after that. I went back to school and my anxiety went down. about 2 weeks later my anxiety rose again this time even worse then ever before. I started to not feel like myself, i always felt like i was in a haze. i was convinced that there was something wrong with me even though various doctors told me that i was healthy. I developed a sore throat that lasted for about 2 weeks. I started to be afraid to go to sleep, fearing that i wasn't going to wake up in the morning. About 4 weeks ago i took myself to the hospital convinced there was something wrong. at the hospital they preformed an EKG, cbc, and chest x-ray. all of which came back normal. one thing that the doctor did say though, was that i was low in potassium. they gave me 1mg of xanax to calm me down and sent me on my way. After the trip to the hospital i developed a headache in the back of my head. i knew it was because of all the built up anxiety and it passed after 3 days. Slowly but surely i began to feel better but my fear of death still lingered. Overall i am much better, better then i have been in the past 4 months. But I am posting today because, lately i have been experiencing muscle twitching. all over my body. I've experienced twitching everywhere from my feet to my arms to my stomach to my head. i was also laying down and began to experience a strong pulse throughout my body. i felt it in my arms, stomach and chest. when i bend my arm and rase it above my head i can see my pulse by my biceps beating strongly through my skin. i can see my pulse in my neck and can easily feel my heart beat when i feel my chest. i an fairly skinny for my age and height and I'm beginning to think that this might be normal. At this point I'm just looking for some help, and some reassurance if i really am okay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread