It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
(male)

yanni4777 HB User
Fear of cancer.

This all started for me about 6 months ago when I got a bad strep throat. Now a bit of background. I am a 35 year old male, who smoked till about a week ago. After my strep throat I cant stop thinking I have lung cancer. It was actually throat cancer untill about a month ago. I all of the sudden developed allergies and have had problems with post nasal drip, but for months thought it was throat cancer. I went to 2 ents and nothing. I look at my throat maybe 15 times a day, and cant stop googling about throat and lung cancer. If I sleep wrong and my shoulder hurts, I freak out. If I cough, the same thing. I quit smoking a few months ago, but started again because of the anxiety. Now I am not smoking for about a week, and if I cough, I freak out. I cant believe I have allowed myself to get like this, but no matter what I try to do, I worry. This is taking over my life and I dont know how to stop it.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Fear of cancer.

I'm the same
Any ailment is cancer and I'm not convinced isn't till I've had bloodmtests and examinations, I can never be totally satisfied.

It all stems from anxiety and I have found in the past that therapy is helpful.

Try to talk to someone about getting help it can cripple your life if you cannot get over this, I know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply