It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
(male)

anxietyocd HB User
crippling fear of hiv

Hi all. I am a heterosexual male suffering from extreme HIV anxiety. It started 2 months ago when I stubbed my finger underneath my theater chair looking for my keys. I bled a little bit, and some time later I started thinking about HIV.I began to imagine that maybe I got stabbed by a needle instead of the screw that I initially recall stubbing my finger on. Well, after this event, I started thinking about the validity of my last HIV test. I took it 4 months after the last time i had unprotected sex. This same HIV test was also about 40 days (nearly 6 weeks) after I got blackout drunk two nights in a row. Since i was already thinking about HIV because of my theater incident, I started analyzing the events which transpired before my last HIV test.

Repeat testing seems to be a cyclical process with me. To summarize, I am fearful of HIV because I stubbed my finger in a theater, I am concerned of the validity of my HIV test 4 months after having unprotected sex with a female, and I am irrationally afraid of being violated when I was black out drunk.

Any help regarding my anxiety would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-27-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
(female)

amberx0 HB User
Re: crippling fear of hiv

hey were pretty much in the same boat
go read some stuff in the hiv prevention thread it will calm your nerves so much, hiv doesnt live outside the body and i freakedd myself right out with symptoms and after a test am not 100% convinced that i dont have it.
because of a blackout drunk incident,
and its very rare that you would get it due to your circumstances.
like i said, go read hiv prevention!!
your gonna be fine, quit worrying.
( if only i could take my own advice)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
(male)

anxietyocd HB User

Thanks for the response. I have no reason to think anything abnormal happened while i blacked out, but my anxiety makes me ask what if something did happen. It is very bothersome.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

First off, don't have unprotected sex and second just get a blood test.

Reply Reply