It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
(male)

qb3489ny HB User
Have a lost my mind need help please!

Hi everyone,

I am having big problems over here and i dont know what to do. My sister came down with diabetes type 1 a few years ago she passed out infront of me. My grandfather passed away recently and my other grandfather found out he had colon cancer and he went for surgery. I dont know what happen to me but im not right in the head.Whenever i had a symptom of something i started to worry that i have cancer or I am going to die. I start researching online what could cause my symptoms and all i see are serious things. My biggest problem I am having now is dating. I was dating a girl and my condom slipped off and i was having sex with her without the condom. She said she was clean not to worry etc etc. This was almost 3 months ago. Since that day i had sex with her i totally lost it mentally. I think that since it fell off I have AIDS now and i am going to die my life is ruined I will never find someone. I constanty think about this cant sleep research online totally losing my mind. I have bad anxiety over these things I dont know why. Please someone share some light on this or give me advice. its ruining my life.

The following user gives a hug of support to qb3489ny:
PumpkinSeed (10-14-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
(male)

Pambeytu HB User
Re: Have a lost my mind need help please!

Hey I go through the same things. I'm slowly learning to calm myself down. Sometimes when I'm in a panic about my health, I know it's in my head and irrational, so I take a step back and breathe. Grab some cold water and even a cold rag and dab your forehead and neck. It takes me a minute to calm down but then I can think in proportion. The best way to settle your mind about the AIDS thing, is going to get tested. I am sure you are fine and ok, but it never hurts to check. Whenever you are in a panic, just know you aren't alone and it will all be ok no matter what. Be active, make smart choices, even try relaxation every day. It could really help with being calm. I seem to get more anxiety about my health at night, so before bed I will listen to a rain mp3. The sound really relaxes me. And all I think about are happy things hope this helps you at least a little. Just know if something is wrong with someone else, it doesn't mean you have it take care.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-29-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #3
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

I'm sorry about your grandfather's death and your other grandfather's cancer. that right there will put a LOT of stress on anyone. my son has type I diabetes and has had low blood sugar events that have set me off into total anxiety and worry. i really feel for you right now.

i don't have the answers as i do the same things you do, i just want to say that you are not alone and there are many many of us who go through this too.

i think the first thing we have to do is STAY OFF HEALTH SITES!! i find that when i go looking for symptoms it's like one person says they have something and then there are one hundred replies saying that they have the same thing, or giving suggestions on what it would be based on their 'knowledge' of getting the worst case scenario off some web md type of site. it's like 'i am dizzy' .. so 30 people will be dizzy too, 10 will suggest 10 different diseases ranging from cancer to heart problems, and it's probably really an inner ear problem. so health sites are the worst for symptoms.

sometimes i like to read people's posts about their fears over something i don't worry about. like i'm not really worried about HIV myself... so if i read that you worry about it i kind of think, you are overworrying yourself and i'm 99% sure you don't have it. that makes me kind of look at my own worries and i think, what do people think of me when i'm freaking out about some rare weird disease of the week i think i have. it kind of brings me down to reality about how over worried and unrealistic i am.

good thing about being a hypochondriac is that if we DO have something it most likely will be found. and i mean a real disease. when we go to the doctor and tell them we have this .. and that... and they do all these tests and nothing shows up, i think we know it's anxiety symptoms. have you ever looked at a symptom checklist for anxiety? it's like three pages long!

blood tests are good. ecgs, echocardiograms, mri, ct scans, xrays, etc are all pretty good at finding stuff. if you feel like you have something and they can't find anything, it's probably your body reacting to anxiety. the other day i started an antibiotic. i was terrified i was going to go into anaphylactic shock or something over it just out of the blue. i had NO symptoms after taking it but i called the pharmacist anyways for assurance. she said don't worry if you start having an allergic reaction you will start off with a bad rash... well guess what, about 10 min after talking to her i started getting itchy and scratched myself red... then thought it was a rash. i did it to myself. my body , that sneaky thing knew EXACTLY what to do to freak me out!

i hope some of this helps. it helped me to even write it to you.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
(male)

mva1966 HB User

I hate going on health sites like ***** because I always manage to find at least two or three new things wrong with me. I guess it was better before we had the internet, or at least harder to look things up. I can sympathize with everyone because I get in bad hypocondriac mindsets and seems like nothing will help. I know it is a symptom of my depression, though.

The following user gives a hug of support to mva1966:
PumpkinSeed (10-14-2012)
Reply Reply