It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

supermom3 HB User
Health Anxiety - I HATE it!

I know it's not ok when I make my husband and kids go in for checkups and to make sure they have blood work done - I do this myself as well - if I feel the littlest thing (this morning I thought I felt something between the top of my left breast and my collarbone - not a lump but something small - don't know what is between your collarbone and the top of your breast - breast tissue? ribs? muscle? I lost my mom to leukemia in 2005 but I was diagnosed with OCD years before that - I scheduled a gyno appt for tomorrow to get the area I'm obsessing about checked out - sad thing is, even if this doctor says it feels fine I know I will be scheduling an appt with some other gyno to get a 2nd opinion - I am also a germaphobe and it's exhausting but I feel I can't help it - I am naive enough to think that germs can cause cancer - I am on meds for my OCD and I'm way better off than I was before the meds - I've tried therapy in the past but it didn't seem to help much. Just wanting opinions and advice - thanks!

supermomof3

Old 01-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
(female)

slkane HB User
Re: Health Anxiety - I HATE it!

Hi there! I can relate to you. I have had it happen so often to me. One doc's opinion is just not good enough for me. My father died in 1994 from Lymphoma. Last year I discovered a lump on my collarbone/clavicle area. I freaked out. Right away I acted on it. I went through tests including a chest CT Scan and several ultrasounds. First, second and third opinions. All tests come back fine. To this day, I am unsure about what it is. I have to literally fight the urge to have it rechecked yet AGAIN. I think that the only reason why I don't is because there are so many NEW issues that I need checked out. This is a terrible way to live. I hate health anxiety like you do. I was practically begged by my doc to try prozac for the OCD type obsession on my health. I fill the scripts and have yet to take that step. I am not sure if it works for anyone. What do you take for your anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply