It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
(female)

Iusedtobeok HB User
Unhappy I need suggestions... asap. Please read.

I need some help. Some suggestions. Some advice. Something. My mom died a couple months ago from ovarian cancer. She was my best friend. She had no symptoms until it was too late. Ever since, I have been struggling with major hypochondria. In the recent months I have thought ive had: rocky mountain spotted fever, lyme disease (had an.attached tick), ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, pancreatic cancer, hepatitis, crohns disease, ulcerative collitis, stomach ulcers, bowel obstruction, impaction, brain cancer, pneumonia, c-diff, asthma, throat cancer, thyroid cancer, typhoid fever, and botulism.
The sad part...is that somewhere deep down, each time I have something wrong, I know im probably being irrational. I tell myself that over and over but I just cant stop obsessing about it. I spend all day on my phone looking up diseases and their symptoms.
I wasnt this way before my mom died. Is this post traumatic stress from watching my mom die a very painful death from something that showed no symptoms until there was nothing anyone could do?
If you have any advice for me, please write back. This is starting to ruin my life.
Thanks.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: I need suggestions...asap. Please read.

Sorry you have lost your mother. It is pretty natural to feel scared and shocked when somebody dies of a disease like this. You could probably do with some grief counselling to get you through this. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
(female)

Iusedtobeok HB User
Re: I need suggestions... asap. Please read.

Thank you both very much, im going to make an appointment with a psychiatrist as soon as the holidays are over. I think it's necessary at this point.
take care...

Reply Reply