It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
(male)

ginger8440 HB User
Unhappy Social Smoker worries

Hello, this is my first post, so please forgive me if I seem new to this(because I am!)

I'm almost 21 years old and I've been what some people call a "social smoker" since I was about 18. I have recently quit because of an acute case of bronchitis.All I had to do was stop. No patches, gums or therapy of any kind ( I guess I wasn't addicted). My question is what are my chances of having lung cancer? I know this is an extremely hard question to answer. The only reason I ask is because after getting a z pack from my doctor, my cough still lingers. Although I might add it slightly went away for awhile and recently came back(but not as severe). I also should add the fact that I'm pretty much a diagnosed hypochondriac. My smoking was very minor. I rarely ever had a pack of my own and It would take me roughly a week to finish it. I should ask this question to my doctor but I'm ashamed to. My parents are the most ANTI-SMOKE people I've ever met. If I told them I know it would break their hearts and I would most likely lose their trust. I got diagnosed with bronchitis about four weeks ago. I know it sounds crazy for a hypochondriac to smoke but the smell of smoke has calmed me down ever since I was a child. My hypochondria has known to be so bad that I actually start to feel symptoms of these sicknesses I worry about. Is it possible my mind is making this cough worse??
I would really appreciate a response of any kind!
Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply