It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypochondria Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

Hypochondria99 HB User
What can i do

I am that last person that i thought would ever get anxiety. I was perfectly healthy and content with life. Im sure that the trigger for my anxiety was the death of my neighbour who was 21 and died of a brain hemorrhage from something i dont know what. I used to be content with the thought of an ambulance rescuing you when you were in trouble, but sadly i learned that is not always the case. My mind is constantly on high alert of my body, im paying too much attention to it and i know it but i can't stop. I read too much and google too much and i know i shouldn't but i feel helpless and that my body is going to malfunction. I live a healthy life style, as did my neighbour, so what more can I do? I was given lorasapam but it did not help since i felt my breathing was too slow. Im afraid to go to sleep in fear that i will not wake up. Now i have bad tension headaches and have convinced myself that its an aneurysm or something terrible. I try and get my mind off these horrible thoughts but its hard to do constantly. My worst fear is sudden death and my second worst fear is cancer. I feel its inevitable and its so stressful. What should i do !? And I don't have the time or money to see a psychiatrist so what now ?

Last edited by Hypochondria99; 08-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
(female)

irrationalwife HB User
Re: What can i do

I too am feeling the exact same way that you are!! I lost my sister, a fiance, and my little brother within a year in a half. I know that talking about it will help alot, especially talking with someone that can relate to what you are experiencing. Just talking about the fears as you have them and figuring out that nothing is wrong or that it is just in your mind may help.

However if you are like me I feel like even when I am tested that they are just missing whatever it is that is wrong with me. Like they think I am just paranoid so they aren't really trying to find what it is. I am 28 and I am just certain that I am going to die young even if there is no realistic reason for it.

Talking really does help. I am seeing two counselors.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-31-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
(male)

Penguinboy55 HB User
Re: What can i do

My experience is similar after the death of my grandmother I developed hypochondria. I was also healthy and had a happy life before I developed it.

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety, health, stress, tension headaches, worry