It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 01:39 PM   #1

Hailey_19 HB User
Hypoglycemia/Diabetes/Low Blood Pressure

Before I ever got diagnosed with fibromyalgia, I've had a problem. It started with excessive thirst. I used to keep cups of gatorade out on the counter in the kitchen, before I went to bed, b/c I knew Id be waking up with extreme thirst. I couldnt gulp down cold gatorade as well, it was a little painful. There were occasionally nights, or mornings rather, my cups had been poured out--there was nothing made to drink, with sugar in it. 5 o clock in the morning, I would literally bolt up the stairs, with my eyes half closed, making gatorade b/c I NEEDED the sugar. Some nights I needed food, but it was usually just something to drink. Then later on started the frequent urination. I've always gone more times than the normal person, how can one forget the slack they recieve when having to go multiple times on car trips After I started suffering with fibro, it became slightly ridiculous. I recall one night at a bar, in the course of a couple hours, I literally went to the bathroom 8 times. And NO I wasnt drinking alcohol:P All I had was coke. Some days/nights are worse than others with frequency. On average I'd say I go 10-15 times a day. I started losing weight pretty quickly after I was put on an anti-depressant. I was extremely nauseous 24/7. I lost 30 lbs in a month. It wasnt healthy. After getting off the medication I still always woke up nauseous, which kept me from eating. I started to really hate food, and it saddended me so b/c I couldnt enjoy it anymore. Eating was a chore. Not too long ago, I was reading a new fibro book. It said, many women with fibro, also have hypoglycemia, and it listed the symptoms. It sounded so much like me I was shocked. I started to eat more frequently, and it seemed/seems to really help. I've actually fainted in the past a couple times from not eating--I went to the dr. who suggested it might be diabetes. Considering how thirsty/hungry I get. Then I realized it might all be my lower BP? When I gave blood recently, she had to take it twice, b/c the first time I didnt seemingly have a BP. Second reading was 100/64. In the past Im usually low, but Dr's tell me I'm perfect. I was just wondering if anyone else might suffer from hypoglycemia, and if they have the same issues. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 03:02 PM   #2

Icefire HB User
Re: Hypoglycemia/Diabetes/Low Blood Pressure

Hey Hailey,

Thirst is a big issue with me, I am always thristy (allergies?). I have problems swallowing because I feel that my throat is so dry. I too go to the bathroom every minute of everyday. I usually go 10-15 times in a few hours LOL so that's not bad for all day. I don't have low blood pressure and I've done this bathroom thing ever since I had kids, and that was long before I ever got the Fibro. I've been checked for diabetes about 6 times because of my thrist thing. Everything always comes back fine. Go figure.

Chris

Old 09-17-2004, 04:39 PM   #3

Hailey_19 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I dont know what it all is. It could all be nothing, I'm sure. Sometimes its ridiculous though--going to the bathroom and then having to go again 5 minutes later. I also get extreme hunger tremmors. You'd think I had eaten in years

Old 09-19-2004, 06:25 PM   #4
(female)

la_brat HB User

Our oldest daughter, now diagnosed with diabetes, had terrible symptoms. They were as if she were withdrawing from a drug. She would get a headache and the shakes. If she ate potatoes, the problem went away. The doctor said that being addicted to potatoes was a little unusal, but this happens quite often with sugar and bread in thoses whose insulin is not in balance.

Old 09-20-2004, 07:19 PM   #5
(female)

Izzybella HB User

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 09:10 PM.

Old 09-21-2004, 08:02 PM   #6

milby61301 HB User

Hi!!
I don't have fibo, but I do have Polymyalgia & I have that thristy thing
going on & the bathroom 15 times a day to my doctor says the thristy
thing is from the 13 differnet meds I take a day.

Last edited by milby61301; 11-04-2004 at 11:26 AM.

Old 09-24-2004, 09:20 PM   #7
(female)

tam821 HB User

I have low b/p runs, 84/60. I checked my blood sugar, its 70, low and I pea like crazyyy, all the time, up all nite, and yep when i go out to bars, its emabarring becuz im constantly going to pea, and 10 mins later have to agin... ARGH...ya sound like me for sure
tammy

Closed Thread