It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
(female)

allaboutme HB User
Hypoglycemia question

Ok, here's my question-
My mom told me long ago that she has hypoglycemia, I told her how I feel at times, and she said I probably have it too. I've done my research, and I have came to the conclusion that I do have it. I feel dizzy at times, with pale skin, sweating, hunger, shaky, and confusion. I've passed out before too. When I begin to feel this way, I do what they say, usually eat a candy bar. My husband has a hard time believing me, he always says, "it looks like you're dying and I don't see how a candy bar will make it better!!" It comes and goes, but I have at least 1 episode a week. I don't know what is triggering it, but should I go see my Dr. about this problem, or do I just keep doing what I'm doing????????
Please help.

Old 06-29-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Hypoglycemia question

see doc about it as low blood sugar and hypos can be serious
ask doc to prescribe some BS testing strips and get a machine, ask pharmacist about a cheap BS test machine available on special first and get a prescription for the correct strips
doc should also do some tests re possible causes, any soft drink with sugar in it also helps get the BS up quickly
test your BS regularly and keep a record for doc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
(female)

Pinklucie HB User

[I][COLOR=Magenta]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutme
Ok, here's my question-
My mom told me long ago that she has hypoglycemia, I told her how I feel at times, and she said I probably have it too. I've done my research, and I have came to the conclusion that I do have it. I feel dizzy at times, with pale skin, sweating, hunger, shaky, and confusion. I've passed out before too. When I begin to feel this way, I do what they say, usually eat a candy bar. My husband has a hard time believing me, he always says, "it looks like you're dying and I don't see how a candy bar will make it better!!" It comes and goes, but I have at least 1 episode a week. I don't know what is triggering it, but should I go see my Dr. about this problem, or do I just keep doing what I'm doing????????
Please help.
Go see your DR. My husband has diabetes & it's very serious! There is a simple test.

Old 07-01-2005, 02:22 AM   #4
(female)

hayley.dolan34 HB User

go to doctors and get checked for diabeties or visit the chemist they do free testing

Closed Thread