It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2003, 06:15 PM   #1
Veteran

Rachel87 HB User
Post hypoglycemia and foot problems

To start off, I have hypoglycemia, and over the past couple of weeks, I have been noticing problems with my feet. I absolutely cannot tolerate cold weather anymore. If I go outside without two or three layers of socks and insulated shoes, my feet freeze. It takes hours to warm up my numb toes unless I take a hot shower.

In the mornings, I get pain in my toes and the upper part of my feet. Sometimes during the night I wake up and have to pop my toes or make sure my toes are straight because I have throbbing pain in the upper part of my feet. I sort of use one of my feet to hold the other down flat lol.. Hard to explain!

In the shower my toes turn pale. Im a few minutes, after getting out of the shower, they'll return to their normal color. Also, the tops of some of my toes are a darker color. It's not very noticable, but it's something I have been wondering about.

Does this sound like a complication of hypoglycemia or does this sound as if I have a totally separate problem? Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Rachel87 (edited 01-05-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2003, 06:37 PM   #2
maude&bandit

Unhappy

best to get to the doctor to find out. Foot problems can be very dangerous for diabetics.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2003, 07:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Rachel -
I'm no doctor, but it sure sounds like a circulation problem to me. I would definitely advise seeing a doctor soon. It's probably not an emergency, but it's also not something that you should let slide.

I've not heard of this as a complication of hypoglycemia, but anyone, even otherwise healthy people, can develop both circulatory problems and neuropathy.

Old 01-05-2003, 07:33 PM   #4
Veteran

Rachel87 HB User
I have one scheduled for the end of this month sometime.

I was thinking it might just have to do with my intolerance to temperature change, but I don't know. My nose is another thing that freezes lol.. It takes awhile to warm it up too!

This will be the first thing I mention when I go to see her. Is there something I can do to relieve the pain in the meantime? Thanks for the responses.

Closed Thread