It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2003, 11:23 AM   #1

WingSong HB User
Talking Hypoglycemia plus

My boyfriend was diagnosed 1 year ago with Hypoglycemia.
Yes after many many other tests doctors etc. Basically the run around from where they diagnosed him with mental instability saying he was making all this up! To not being able to give us ANY information on even where to start with proper nutrition etc.

He tests his glucose levels regualarly and now we have upped the tests. And after an evening of fasting for average 8 hours his test in the morn are averaging in the low 80's and in thruot the day in the 80's 90's, early eve he will hit 115's, late eve averaging 145's. Is this normal, can anybody shed light on anything? He used to be in the low 40's in the morning, and maybe hit 80's in the eve.
Am confused. He has more highs now then lows.

------------------
*smile! its really a lovely day*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
Inactive

Lady^ HB User
Those test results sound pretty normal to me. I guess I should say that, being a diabetic, those are the glucose levels that I strive to obtain. Does he still feel bad? A glucose level in the 80's could still give him some hypoglycemic symptoms, but if he feels better than I think it's probably OK.

Did his doctor give him any advice on what his goals should be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #3

WingSong HB User
Question

Yup thats just it those levels are pretty normal and great. No his doctor did not give him any help what so ever. We have recently just moved and started researching into doctors that can keep on top of this stuff, and are experienced with knowledge.
he has not changed his diet, and just flawed at his levels coming out as they do. We even used our back up glucose monitor, and still very close, maybe 2 or 3 points off.
We did notice a change in his personality. Seems he gets a bit cranky and stuff when his sugar is high usually starting somewhere in the 120's, and when he is
in the 80's is when he feels a bit sick etc. So he is becoming sensitive to these "sugar levels" that are new.
Just more shocked at his sugar levels reversing, and being in the fairly normal range, compared to a passout, or staring into space.
Yup, lots to discuss with doctors, thats for sure.
Just hope we are not crossing over to diabetes.
Bit unerving as to the sudden changes.
Cheers pal, more venting than anything, its hard to
worry about someone you love...thanks..

Old 01-29-2003, 06:56 PM   #4

steffylew HB User
I was just diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. At least that is what my doctor says she saw in my blood test. She figured it out by getting what my average would be over 90-120 days, she says around 67, which means I drop into the 30's and 40's. My symptom that I saw her for was I have been completely, severely, lightheaded for about three weeks now. It is so bad I hardly drive and have had to drop my semester of college. We did a CT scan but nothing showed up, so she is convinced it is the low blood sugar.

I also feel I have been basically no help. I had a phone conversation with a dietician, but nothing else. Has anyone else had the constant lightheadedness? My doctor can't tell me if this is due to my low blood sugar. Which by the way I have a lot of the symptoms of: insomnia, irritable, hungry all the time, cold hand...etc.

Closed Thread