It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
(female)

lottyjane HB User
Hormonal imbalnce! low blood sugar - hypoglycemia - breathless

Hello,
Last month I was having a feeling of breathlessness, headaches, loss of appetite, shakes, stomach pains, hot sweats, heart pounding, cold hands and feet. I Went to the doctors for the being breathless and was told stress go home and to not think about my breathing. The breathing got worse so I went again to another one and told I was depressed. Which i'm not, Went to a 3rd one by this point could hardly walk and she listened to me decided I was not depressed and put me on proanopol for the heart pounding. I asked if it could be due to hormones and if I could get a hormone level check and was told that hormones go up and down all the time. Period came and was extremely painful but that has been a pattern of every other one being bad.
Had about 4 days where I felt fine in the month and now period is due it has started again. Have also got a blood sugar monitor to test that side of things and everytime I am shaky it in the 4's (its the accu-chec advantage 11) and never really rises could this be hormones or hypoglycemia? as it only really gets bad when i'm in the week i'm due. I also have slight acne and hairs on my chin and odd ones on my breasts and my skin is very dry on my body but not on my face and my hair is thinning on the front! i'm 26.
is there any tests that I could ask for? They have said to maybe go on the pill for the painful periods but I get migraines that affect the eyes. Is there a certain brand to take thats best? I'm don't like taking tablets but I can't go on like this.
Thank you lottyjane

The Following User Says Thank You to lottyjane For This Useful Post:
CJ723 (06-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
Re: Hormonal imbalnce! low blood sugar - hypoglycemia - breathless

hi i know exactly what your going thorugh i am twenty three and i have been sick for four months straight at first everyone thought i was nuts anxiety panic depression but i have all the symptoms you have and more i had a brain mri normal echo cardiogram normal ekgs normal basic hormone level nomral until i went to an endocrine doctor about three weeks ago i am lactacting and i have never been pregnant they did abunch of blood work on me to test the glands turns out i have a high prolactin level which is your putitary function >>>>she said my other glands were int he normal level range>>>but fromwhat ive discovered is that if your putitary is not functioning correctly it can send out the wrong signals to the other glands causing other symptoms such as racing heart low bp high bp blood sugar drops headaches pains lightheadedness shakes>>>anyway i proabably have a small tumor on the gland which they treat with pills unless its really big or the pills dont work in which case they remove it go see an endocrine doctor

The Following User Says Thank You to nikigrl8883 For This Useful Post:
CJ723 (06-29-2011)
Closed Thread