It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

Radha21 HB User
reactive hypoglycemia right after eating?

i would really appreciate any help or input please since i am so desperate for some answers, i have low blood pressure and low blood volume and some adrenal insufficiency but no diabetes, but i get terrible hypoglycemic symptoms right after, immediately after eating even small amount of food, even low carb high protein and my sugar is actually higher on empty stomach before i started eating than after eating little bit of food, can never eat a full stomach because the symptoms just get too unbearable along with terrible pressure headaches, i just get too hyper and shaky but i know that when you are hypoglycemic you are supposed to eat something and feel better, but when i eat i only feel worse, i actually feel better on empty stomach even though i feel so hungry but at least i am calm and not in panic mode!! would something like diazoxide help me? or any other med anyone can recommend? i thought that with any food the sugar is only supposed to go up at least a little not drop lower than what you had before u started eating! and this doesnt happen hours after eating, but as i am eating, please help! i am a 30 female and getting weaker and weaker, i am so skinny and so sick and tired of starving all the time!!
radha

The following user gives a hug of support to Radha21:
afzalali (10-06-2011)
Old 11-25-2006, 06:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tfkeel HB User
Re: reactive hypoglycemia right after eating?

I wonder if you have tried some whole-grain bread or some of the products specially formulated for diabetics like Glucerna. These products are engineered to release their carbs slowly into your body and prevent "spikes" in blood sugar. Does very slow ingestion help?

I don't know about the medicine you are asking about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2006, 07:57 AM   #3
(male)

northsunm HB User

I think it would really be best to see a doctor about this. As you note most people will have an increase in blood sugar after eating. To combat low blood sugar you can try drinking fruit juice or ingesting something high in sugar with quick release. Your symptoms seem to cry out for professional advice.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
(male)

Lemonz HB User

I'm only talking from own experience (type 1 diabetes). Do you have a blood glucose messuring device? Because it sounds like you constantly have low blood sugar and when you eat and the BS rises, then you start feeling the symptoms of low blood sugar... I feel like that anyway... If i've had low blood sugar all day then the symptoms subside and if i don't eat then i feel fine, but if i do eat then I get the symptoms of low blood sugar like pressure headache, restless, cold sweat etc. It does sound like that from what you've described, but i think you do need to go to a doctor to see if he can find out what it is and do something about it.

Good luck

Old 11-25-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
(female)

Radha21 HB User

my doc cant explain why this is happening, that is why i was asking all of u, and it doesnt matter what i eat, complex carbs, protein, i still get the hypoglycemic symptoms, terrible headache, even though i feel hungry, i feel calm and better in general when my stomach is totally empty, please, anyone have idea why this would be happening and what could help, please please let me know, i am so desperate for any help, any answers, thanks
radha

Old 11-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
(female)

Glassless HB User

You mentioned low blood pressure along with low blood sugar problems. I'm not sure about low blood volume or some of your other symptoms, but have you had your thyroid tested? An underactive thyroid can cause everything to slow down in your body and things like blood pressure, pulse, etc, to be low.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #7
(female)

Radha21 HB User

my thyroid has always been normal, please if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening please let me know, i get the same symptoms everytime i eat, and with so little food, please help!!
radha

Old 01-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

maintainin HB User

I've had the same problem the last few weeks. I was reading up on reactive hypoglycemia, but that seems to happen at least a couple hours after eating. No headache, but I've been getting lightheaded and anxious feeling almost immediately after I eat. Strange thing is it almost always happens after breakfast and lunch but I usually feel fine after supper. Its wierd. I had it happen years ago, went to the doctor, ran some bloodwork, did all the glucose tests, blah blah blah everything came back fine. He just chalked it up to stress. It eventually just went away on its own. I suppose it could be stress, I have been stressed more than usual lately and our bodies do some strange things when we're stressed, but I wish I knew for sure. If it doesnt go away here soon, I'm going back to the doc. It's really unnerving.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #9
(male)

ballroomeast HB User

Radha21,

I would really like to know what has happened since this posting.

I have similar symptoms of reactions to even very lo carbs carbs within 20 minutes of eating.

I now only eat meat and eggs.

Last edited by ballroomeast; 09-08-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Closed Thread