It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sco24 HB User
Hypoglycemia HELP!

In short, I am hypo thyroid, on 75mg of Armour thyroid. When my thryoid problem first started it was accompanied by dizzyness, what doctors say was a inner ear problem, still lingers over year later. When this all started i had periods of feeling weak and shaky. They subsided and I was tested for diabetes and it came back normal.

Now, that shaky weak feeling is back again. It hit me yesterday after i ate some raspberries, and sometimes after i eat turkey, or lunch. feel really shaky, weak and lightheaded. Really is lousy feeling.

I've read about hypoglycemia and that sometimes it doesn't show up on a test even though you have it.

I aslo have changed my diet a year ago, because i was allergic to gluten, wheat, etc., and i eat no processed foods or refined sugar at all anymore. The one thing i do is that i don't have carbs from grains everyday, sometimes i won't eat grains for a couple days, then have a bunch, then not eat any for a couple more days, then eat some. so i get most of my carbs from vegetables. Can this up and down consumption of carbs cause my blood sugar to be out of wack, thus causing this feeling? But why then does it hit me after having some fruit sometimes, or meals.

It's kind of scarring me so if anyone could please help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mark1e HB User
Re: Hypoglycemia HELP!

Scott,

If it is reactive hypoglycemia, you would expect to get the dizzy spells several hours after eating a substantial amount of carbohydrate. Are you able to see this pattern? Your other health conditions could also be confusing the issue. So perhaps the most sensible thing to do is get a blood glucose meter and some strips from a pharmacy, and test your blood glucose when you are feeling dizzy. If the readings are in fact low, you can start thinking about what is causing this and how to deal with it.

Mark

Last edited by Mark1e; 01-09-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread