It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

NicoletteAshley HB User
Finally!! A diagnosis! I have SVT and Hypoglycemia

I went to my Doctors appt. yesterday, and after looking at the results of my event monitor, he said I have SVT. I'am little confused, because when he left the room, I looked at the papers, and it said Sinus Tachycardia. Is it the same thing as SVT or could it be something different (I mean a different type of arrythmia). I have an anxiety disorder that's for sure, but I just knew there was something physical making it worse. I always thought I was Hypoglycemic, and it turns out I was right! For anyone who can answer this question: Can PMS (in my case PMDD) Hypoglycemia, and just dwelling on my heart cause my episodes of SVT and PVC's, and make them more frequent and a billion times worse?? I have GAD and Panic disorder, and wonder if it's just a vicious cycle of these problems feeding one another. Also dosen't SVT switch on and off suddenly? When I have my ''episodes'', I will wake up and think about my heart right away, I get a nervous stomach and feel my heart start to accelerate. It went up to almost 200 bpm, I took a drink of cold water along with some Xanax, I started to calm down and my heart started to slow down. It took a few minutes but it felt like an eternity. It wasn't an on/off sensation. My Doctor is having me get an Echocardiogram done at the hospital tomorrow to rule out any other problems. I'll just have to see how it goes.

~NicoletteAshley

Old 04-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
(male)

drew0583 HB User
Re: Finally!! A diagnosis! I have SVT and Hypoglycemia

I think I might have the same thing that you have and I haven't been able to get a good diagnosis. Let me ask you though, what does SVT stand for?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
(female)

NicoletteAshley HB User

Hi drew. I'm sorry if you are going through the same thing. SVT stands for Supraventricular Tachycardia.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
(female)

leo1290 HB User

Hi NicoletteAshely,

I have SVT too. I have had a tachycardia dx for years but it wasn't until last year that some dr. told me it was SVT. Mine is pretty much controlled with a beta blocker med. I have it get out of rhytmn every now and then but not often. I also have anxiety and take ativan which I just started this year. I don't find a connection between the two. In fact there doesn't even seem to be a pattern in my SVT. I don't think you can make your heart do this. I have been told it's like an electrical current or like a nerve ending and every now and then it connects to the heart and it sends it out of rhytmn. Go have the echocardiogram done for sure and see if they put you on meds for it.

I know it's a scary thing when it happens. I just had an episode about a month ago but I was able to get it back in rhythm w/o going to the ER. When it goes out try coughing, pressing down like going to the bathroom, and/or massaging the carotid artery on your neck. These things are known to help get the heart back in rhytmn.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Closed Thread