It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

mattie75 HB User
Could this be reactive hypoglycemia?

My sugars have been running a little high the last year. When I went to the doctor within the last year the only thing abnormal on my blood work seemed to be fasting glucose levels. Not real high, but just above normal. I have also been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis but thyroid levels still within normal ranges, with occasional spikes of hyperthyroid.

My problem is waking up sweating,red and hot, with adrenal surges in the early AM. I really hate this feeling. When I check my blood sugar levels they are usually higher than when I went to bed. This has become quite concerning to be and is a most uncomfortable feeling. During the day sometimes I will check my sugar and it will be a little high, but most often never rises above 160, but does not drop below 110. Sometimes about 1-2 hours after eating I will sweat and be hot. I am trying to eat better and my doctor after checking A1c says I am not diabetic. I wonder if this could be thyroid related or beginning of a blood sugar problem.
Mattie

Old 09-19-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wallis86 HB User
Re: Could this be reactive hypoglycemia?

It doesn't sound like reactive hypoglycemia given that your numbers aren't lower than 110, although if you are dropping fast from your post prandial number from pumping out a lot of insulin (just not enough to make you hypoglycemic) you might feel as if you are low.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

almonkey HB User
Re: Could this be reactive hypoglycemia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis86 View Post
It doesn't sound like reactive hypoglycemia given that your numbers aren't lower than 110, although if you are dropping fast from your post prandial number from pumping out a lot of insulin (just not enough to make you hypoglycemic) you might feel as if you are low.
I agree. However you will only be "diagnosed" when you have a fasting higher than 126 or a random blood sugar of 200. Most of the time they will take 2 tests to formally diagnose. A1C never is used for diagnosis.

Try a small decent nighttime snack just to see if its the liver. cheese or apple slices w/pb. Something that is slowly absorbed.

Keep your appointments and lab tests to make sure if you progress into 'diabetes" he will catch it right away.

Closed Thread