It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
(male)

tigerpbg HB User
Please help me!

To make a long story short. I had my first severe panic attack about 3 years ago. For me its like an earthquake after a big one I have small ones for a few days after. Six months later I found out my mom had cancer and over the next month until her death I had panic attacks every other day to the point I had to go to emergency room to be sedated. For last 2 years I havent had many but 2 wks ago I had a terrible attack. I decided to check my blood sugar and it was 50 and that was after eating several spoons of peanut butter. Since then I have have cut out all sweets ( and I used to eat a lot) with the exception of sweat tea at lunch. I eat cheese and crackers or a peanut butter sandwich before bed but every night I wake up around midnight in a severe panic attack. I have to take a glucerna pill to eventually come out of it along with nerve pills I got from Dr. My question is what else can I do to stop this. I eat right and it still doesnt help. My life has been a living hell for the past 2 weeks. Can anyone give me advise?

Old 07-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Please help me!

What makes you think your low blood sugar is tied to panic attacks? The symptoms are not the same.

And what do you eat the rest of the day? In order to keep your blood sugar up, you have to eat plenty of protein and complex carbs. What is a daily food consumption like for you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
(male)

tigerpbg HB User

I used to eat a LOT of sweets but in the last couple of weeks I eat a decent breakfast like a biscuit and for lunch and dinner I eat some kind of meat with potatoes and vegetables or some kind of pasta. I'm not really sure what is going on but I decided to check my blood sugar 2 weeks ago and after eating several spoon fulls of peanut butter it was 50. Also when I wake up in the night ( and I do every night) I take a glucerna pill and nerve medication from the doctor and it eventually brings me out of it. The weird thing is it sometimes happens during the day but is mainly at night. Most of the time it is within 2 to 3 hours of going to bed. It is hard to describe but I just cant get out of my head. I feel like I cant make it another minute like that. I dont worry about anything in particular but its just like I all the sudden come to at a heightened sense of awareness. Thanks for responding I just dont know what to do. BTW I also try to eat cheese and crackers, an egg, or peanut butter before bed but so far it hasnt helped. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
(male)

tigerpbg HB User

Forgot to mention I also drink protein drinks in the morning and at night.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:06 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, your diet isn't helping. Way too many starches. The biscuit, potatoes and pasta are all bad for your situation. What you need are protein and complex carbs like whole wheat items. Have the egg and/or peanut butter at breakfast. Lunch should be something like a chicken or turkey sandwich on whole wheat. Dinner should be chicken, turkey, fish with some sort of legumes (beans like lentils, black eyed peas, crowder peas, etc). String cheese for snacks beween meals and before bedtime. And if the glucerna and anxiety med help, take them BEFORE you go to bed. Don't wait till you wake up! Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
tigerpbg (08-02-2011)
Old 08-02-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
(male)

tigerpbg HB User

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate the advise.

Closed Thread