It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
(female)

bloodsugar lows HB User
prediabetic

When I started going through my blood sugar rollercoaster issues over a year ago, my primary doctor felt it was all in my head and prescribed me effexor (anti-anxiety meds).

I finally went to an endo doc who gave me a 3-hour glucose test and found me to be prediabetic and prescribed me 2 drugs that are for controlling high blood sugar (metformin and glyset). Had the docs ordered the 6-hour glucose test they would have realized that I am very much a reactive hypoglymic type and never have prescribed me drugs that only brought my sugar levels down even lower.

At the onset of all these problems, I got my first sinus infection of my life. Despite 6 rounds of antibiotics to date, it has not fully gone away.

I became disillusioned with the medical field and am now seeking help from a naturopath. Recently I received some abnormal lab results which showed I had elevated nuclear antibodies. I am going to ask my doctor to order these labs (ie, insulin antibodies, c-peptides, and mri)

I spike about 15-20 minutes after eating a meal (180 after eating ¾ cup brown rice , veggies and fish—I’m sure it would be WAY higher if I ever would eat refined carbs), and about 45 mins later I drop to low 80’s/ mid 70’s. Like you mentioned, I know these are not alarmingly low numbers but I feel like crud when they get close to 80, like I am going to bite anyone's head off that gets in my way. And when I eat again, I feel fine. Of course this means for me too that I am struggling keeping weight off.

Anyway, I would love to hear anyone resolved your blood sugar issues.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-03-2011 at 01:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
(female)

Bohiko HB User
Re: prediabetic

Hi guys

I just want to know, if my GTT comes normal is there any chance that I still can be hypoglycemic? What's the most accurate test or what else can I do to detect if something's wrong with my blood sugar?

Thanks in advance

Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
(female)

Bohiko HB User
Re: prediabetic

Hi guys

I just want to know, if my GTT comes normal is there any chance that I still can be hypoglycemic? What's the most accurate test or what else can I do to detect if something's wrong with my blood sugar?

Thanks in advance

Closed Thread